My labels, please don't laugh:)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cindy

Reaction score
I was playing around today making labels I like the skeeter pee one lol not too sure about the other one. what do you think? you can tell I'm not a wine snob as long as it tastes good and contains alcohol I'm a happy camper:)
mosquitoskeeter2.jpg

Last edited:
I think the Stinger label is great! One of the best I've seen. Go with it. The second label is nice but doesn't suit me personally. I'm not much for labels with a lot going on because I always feel much of it is lost when you shrink it down for labeling. Labels (like the first one) with a focus work best.
Tony P.

Thanks guys! thats what I felt about the 2nd one. it helps to get opinions!
I am working on something else for the strawberry...

Another vote for the Skeeter Pee label. You could compliment the bottle with either a red, black, or yellow capsule!

Love the Skeeter label. On the second label I would drop the date from the water down to the black boarder. Then maybe change the font color in the name and bring that up into the sky. Just an idea to help you out but without being able to play with it, I'm not sure.

Cindy that is a beautiful sunset. I personally would raise the name to the top of the label and change the font color on the 6/18/12 to white.

Just like you said it on your signature "The road to success is always under construction.. " ;)

No, it is good. Keep up.

Thanks for the suggestions/comments, I will play around with it more. I'm
new to this program and I know it does much more then I'm aware of:p

Wherever you buy yeast and other supplies will almost certainly have them. I get my stuff at www.labelpeepers.com . eBay has a nice selection at low prices. FYI, you put them on and shrink wrap with a hair dryer.

Tony P.

Opps link appears broken, I found some online places as well as some local so that wont be any trouble getting them. I got the labels sized and printed with a printer that uses powder instead of liquid ink they look awesome kinda like crayon coloring. I also have a recipe to make my own gum so I'm good to go once the wine is ready to bottle.. I'm going for yellow capsules on the pee, blue on the Liebfraumilch and red on the strawberry...

Thanks! I'm have way too much fun playing around lol here's one with the family coat of arms. :)
steinbacharms4.png

Last edited:
You are doing a great job, Cindy. I especially like the Liebfraumilch with the picture of Neuschwanstein. I was there many, many years ago and I was amazed at the edifice and the fact that everything that went into the castle was brought up a narrow mountain road by horse-drawn and oxen-drawn carts. I am sure that your wine will be worthy of the honor.

Awesome labels, girl! Label making is fun! Keep playing around with them, and they will start to look great! Not that they don't now. They'll just get better! :D

I got going by looking at how other (professional) labels are laid out. Go to Google images and search for wine labels. You'll get a lot of good ideas!

Cindy that is a beautiful sunset. I personally would raise the name to the top of the label and change the font color on the 6/18/12 to white.

I agree - move the name up - let the sunset be the focus - change the color of the date to be a bit more visible.

I like the label with the coat of arms better on the Liebfraumilch.

Back