My labels, please don't laugh:)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cindy, where do you get your label media? What size works best for you? I plan on putting my SP in 16 oz bottles. What is a good size label for that size bottle?

I just use pictures I find either on the web or pictures I take myself
then alter them to what I want with picmonkey. as far as size lol I
make it to fit the bottle:)

Thanks! I understand that aspect, but whee do you get your blank labels? I've looked online at office max and all they have are filing labels and such.

their not blank labels they are printed on regular printer paper.
the printer is a xerox phaser that uses color wax ink giving the labels a laminated feel/look. as for duplicates I cut and paste the images on a sheet thats 8x11 thats about 6-9 labels per page depending on size. I design the lables at home with pictures I either take with my camera a "Cannon Rebel EOS" and upload them to my computer or copy them off the web then I use picmonkey to alter them into whatever I want which is free then once I have something I like I email them to work and print them off.
then I have sheets of labels that look like this and when I'm ready to use them I take a razor and a ruler and cut them out and stick them to the bottles with a glue stick. its really simple I can't imagine ever paying someone to do it.
IMG_1377.jpg

That is awesome!!! I might have to go that route. I would love to keep my costs as low as possible. Do the labels come off of the bottles fairly easy?

yes just a 10 minute soak in warm water and they fall off leaving no glue behind.
I understand.. I didn't want to pay for labels either so I started playing around with picmonkey
and made some that both me and my husband liked, now I have a folder full of different labels
I can use when there needed. I will be using this one next I have a 6 gallon batch in the works:)
barrel.jpg

my Husbands making his Irish red beer so I made this one. he has a tattoo thats similar. I like color better then black and whites or greys:)
lg74.jpg

Cindy, you are the Picaso of label designing!!! Those are absolutely beautiful!!

awe youre sweet:p it's really easy just start playing around and you can come up with all kinds of one of a kind labels for your wine or beer lol here's my boy he would be proud to beer on a bottle of beer.... he loves beer!
I guess I could have come up with a better name but you get the idea, you can use any picture you want! I used him cause I think he's handsome!:b
Bear.jpg

Thanks! he's 2yrs old this month and still acts like a giant lap puppy
my female is the same age but is very mature hmm..there's something about
boys their slower to mature :) but we love him anyway...have you played with picmonkey yet?
here's the link...try it you'll be amazed at what you can create..
http://www.picmonkey.com/

LOL!!!! Yes I have tinkered with pic monkey. Here is is my first attempt at a label for some SP. It is still kind of raw. Hopefully, I'll have it ready to go once my first batch is ready to bottle.

Skeeter Pee Mascot First Attempt.jpg

LOL!!!! Yes I have tinkered with pic monkey. Here is is my first attempt at a label for some SP. It is still kind of raw. Hopefully, I'll have it ready to go once my first batch is ready to bottle.

there ya go! I love it! :try have fun it can be kind of addicting:b

I know what you mean. I'm already thinking different ones to make for different blends of SP and wine!!

I think its great! the possibilities are endless.. I've been getting into trees for some reason and playing around with the focul points.
my newest tree label.
t.jpg

my newest label. now all I need is a good recipe for apple,pumpkin,spiced wine if you have one please let me know
Thanks!
APPLEPUMPKINSPICEDWINELABEL-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back