WineXpert My first Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got home. The temp looks like it might have stayed at a steady 68F today. I did notice a that activity in the airlock has slowed just slightly. Should I be concerned? I'm three days in.

Think I've said this before. Visual signs are very unreliable. At that temp, the liquid will hold more CO2 than at 72-74F, and the wine will ferment a little slower. Result? Less bubbles in the air lock.

Stop worrying so much.

Steve

You're right. I need to chill. Thanks for the guidance. Guess I'm just being an anxious amateur. :eek:

Rely on your hydrometer, it is your tool for what is going on in your vessel.

Wade: Will do!

Getting psyched!... There's a definite delicious smell coming from the primary! Hope its a sign of things to come.

My red head and blonde girlfriends...

DSC02279.jpg

What state are they in right now as they are low in the carboy. If still fermenting then it is fine otherwise you need to top up soon.

Red in secondary ferm for 7 days.
White just racked from primary last night.

Okay, long time no post. Both the Red head and Blonde are in bottles. They turned out great. Although very young, they have real potential. Completely drinkable at this point... and sorta enjoyable ;)

I think I'm gonna try juice now... there's a place here in Jersey... Corrados's.. that has vacuum sealed refrigerated juice. Anybody have a good source of how-to directions for straight juice?

Back