My First Label

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddyBhai

Junior
Reaction score
Comments..Suggestions ?? By the way that is my dog Siberian Husky/German Shepherd mix.

BlackberryPinotNoir.jpg

Thats a great label although do yourself a favor and only print 1 small picture on regular paper first as dark colors dont always print so well.

Looks great - but - and it could be the computer screen - the purple text is hard to read on the black background.

Good point Wade. I was thinking of purchasing black label, and remove the black background from my label.
Searched online, but could not find labels with black background...bummer. I will experiment with other colors.
I agree the purple text is a bit hard to read...maybe it is the text shadow. Will play with photoshop a bit more.

And once its printed it usually gets harder to read, how do I know this? :re 6 sheets wasted!!!!!!! Printed wirelessly and then checked them out, SOAB!

Ok how about this? I plan to use Gloss Clear Laser Weatherproof (Laser Only) transparent sheets from sheet-labels (search SL532). I could not post the url of the sheet that I was going to use. Since I use photoshop, I will not enable the background color before printing. The background color will be the combination of the wine and the dark bottle color.
I added the background color in the attached picture to show the kind of label it will look like when it is on a bottle.
As always comments and suggestions from the wise men and women in this forum is always welcome.

BlackberryPinotNoir2.jpg

Last edited:
That should be awesome, just make sure you alwayz print 1 az a test first, too many times I thought it would work fine only to find a few pages that had to be filed in the circular file can!

for a cheesehead, that is very innovative.

Olustee bus
Jaguars fan

Just kidding, very nice. I am guessing that is a photo of your best friend?

The dog is adorable! The second color is much easier to read. I am so jealous that I am not this creative!!! It would take me 10+ hours to come up with something half this good! I always love the labels!

Thankyou pioneer. Let me tell you that I am artistically challenged :). It took me quite a while to come up with this design. As I design more for other batches, it will get better.
Keep plugging at it, and one day you will get the "Aha" moment for your design.

Ed

Back