My favorite part of making wine...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDesCotes

Reaction score
When I clear my wine I always store the last 1/2 bottle of dregs in a 1.5L wine bottle to let it re-settle so I can get a few extra glasses of wine out of my batch.

I normally am too lazy to sanitize another bottle when I do my next batch so I end up filling the bottle with another batches dregs and let it re settle.

I've been surprised with the amazing flavor combinations ive encountered!

My favorite is the one I'm sipping on right now, the two batches I combined are:

1) Oaked skeeter pee (20% alc)
2) costco's Paklab barolo + 1/2 of the Cabernet juice with a large bag of cranberries and some bananas thrown in. (Got very creative, haha. 16% alcohol)

I can clearly taste all of the flavors, from the full bodiness of the barolo to the refreshing lemon and slight hints of cranberry. To die for!

Do others have this same practice or am I the only cheap one here who tries to squeeze out every glass I can?

If others do this, what are your favorite combinations so far?

ImageUploadedByWine Making1403914858.524489.jpg

Yes, I do the same thing, thinking I will use this to top off something. Most of the time I don't need that much so it accumulates. Sometimes its good and sometimes not so good. At least it didn't go down the drain without knowing. ! Good luck

denny

Back