My Diamond Wine Rack is complete

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scuba,

Nice job on the rack, your number 2 do over is one thing that will help on the next one (there will be more) is to stain the wood before assembling, then if miss any glue squeeze out it's already stained.

Scuba - thanks for sharing this - I have been thinking of making my own rack and this one is compact for the large # of bottles it will hold - -
Wayne

Yeah this is very cool - I have been trying to think of a cool looking wine rack to build into our bar when we finish our basement - I will keep these plans handy - very neat!

Well I finally cleaned out the basement and made room for my wine rack. Here is the finished product:

HPIM0224.jpg

HPIM0225.jpg

HPIM0226.jpg

The rest of the wine is in carboys right now bulk aging.

Scubaman2151

Wow Scuba, that is really nice!!!! But......it is missing something?????

Great job Scuba, hope you don't mind if I copy your idea, looks like a good winter project to do.

Really nice wine rack Scuba!

I am looking for a design to hold all of my wine that is currently in the planning stages, adn I really like this one. 196 bottles is a lot of capacity, so also thatnks for posting the build notes!

Very good looking project. I like how you mitered all the joinery. I saw a similar design from a retail store that looked awful. They butted the joints leaving a gap at each corner.
I have a new project when the woodshop finally defrosts in a few months.

Here is one of the bad examples:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00896574000P

A couple of the joints on this arnt perfect, they didn't come together quite as clean as I would have liked but hey, this is the first time I was able to make this and the next one will be better :). More accuracy with the table saw would be a good thing.

Latest posts

Back