My cellar in progress - DYI

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha! Yes, I am already 60% filled in... Maybe 450 bottles was too little!

I will post a picture with the bottles soon :sm

Please do! I really have to say that it looks very impressive. Your choice of all color and flooring really go with the stained wood. I need to keep a picture of this for future planning!

Please do! I really have to say that it looks very impressive. Your choice of all color and flooring really go with the stained wood. I need to keep a picture of this for future planning!

Actually, I did not stain the wood, the cherry comes out this color naturally.

Here are a few pics at 60% capacity. Next stop, full as can be!

I have a Cellar Craft Red Mountain cab that is dying to fill a row....

20130721_092403.jpg

20130721_092427.jpg

Wow! very nice, sure puts to shame my cardboard boxes on their side.

Don't worry, we all start somewhere. I still have quite a few of those that I need to figure what to do with now that I have the rack....:)

Actually, I did not stain the wood, the cherry comes out this color naturally.

Here are a few pics at 60% capacity. Next stop, full as can be!

I have a Cellar Craft Red Mountain cab that is dying to fill a row....

tumblr_m4pfv2uj1j1r3zat8.gif

Last edited:
Red Rock Girl,
If you set the dimensions at 4 1/8" between vertical members and between bottle support members, you can use both 750 ml and 1.5 liter bottles.

Garlic is from the garden. Nice cool dark place to store till I use it:h. Keeps the vampires out of my wine

Very nice my friend. Now I know why you needed all that tannin.

(cherry will darken over time)

cheers

Both racks look great. I need to stop making wine long enough to work on some racks myself. I'm afraid that I will have more bottles than I will rack space though.

LeChat, very nice, now that it's been a while since completion of your project, can you update us? I'd really like to know what you and others do for a fermentation area. I'm in Ohio, winters can get pretty cold. I need to build a separate room to accommodate about 8 carboys at once in controlled temps. Basements are hard to regulate unless you confine the space with separate heating. What's everyone else doing?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back