My attempt at a wooden rack...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is great, Probably sturdier, but I think I prefer the vertical main supports rather than horizontal. Am I the only one?

Stylistically I like vertical as well. I think that vertical boards would have been more sturdy also, but maybe at 3 feet its not as much of a concern especially with a pair of 1x4s supporting 12 inch bottles. In any case it looks good and is a far sight better than the one that I built...oh wait, I haven't built one yet...so it is much, much better than mine!

Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking this one at all, I like it a lot. Just a preference thing.
I built one using wwf and rough cut poplar. When I complete my addition and finish my basement then the real construction can begin.

A very nice looking rack indeed.....

I had all the wood to build myself a 6x6 rack and ended up using the wood for other recent projects. Will have to wait til they are on sale again and re-purchase the lumber.

As far as the flat vs vertical, I agree with botigol in that given the width of the rack I don't think there is any risk of the boards flexing. I was toying between this style vs the vertical style. If I went with the flat, I would have built my 6' wide rack in 2 sections. Still up in the air.

Latest posts

Back