muscadines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would cost you about $14 per gallon. If you think that is good then go for it. I have never made muscadine wine but it seems very popular in certain parts of the country.

I think that is a good price as they sell for for $3 pint at the fruit stands. For most muscadine recipes you will only need 1-3gals of juice per 5 gallon recipe. You can expect 1 gal of juice per 10 lbs of fruit.

There is a pick-your-own muscadine vineyard here that sells them for $1.00 lb. Sounds like a good price to me.

$2000 a ton sounds like a rip off. It should be almost half that.

$2000 a ton sounds like a rip off. It should be almost half that.

Seeing as they were marketed by the pound, and not the ton... It's probably geared more towards drawing the little guys / home winemakers in than the commercial wineries

There's a higher mark-up when you buy a smaller amount, its that way with almost everything
Just like gas isnt 3.50/gallon when you buy it by the tanker-ship-full

That's a good price for small-scale production. In east TN I've seen prices from $1.00 to $2.00 per pound, you pick. You can make 5 gallons of wine using 6 pounds per gallon for $30-$60 worth of fruit. If you get it for $1/pound your per bottle cost for fruit is $1.20...not bad!
Those who need tons probably get a price break, but that seems to be the normal price range for most of us small-scale vintners.

Look on Craig's list. In calif you can find a lot for $0.50 a pound.

I don't think you'll find muscadines in California for any price. Maybe you could post a Craigslist ad link. Anyhow, in states where they grow muscadines it's difficult to get large quantities, much less get a bargain price. I've offered growers $.75 a pound for a ton and been refused.

Latest posts

Back