Muscadine Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bud,
Bartlett, TN here.

What are you doing? Setting up a trellis for some muscadines??

Sure looks like it from Fayetteville, TN!

If you want a quick way to put up pix, go to Photobucket, open an account, bulk upload them there and cut and paste the links to here.

On your trellis, you have a great start there. Please consider putting in treated wood or cedar posts at each end and use mobile home anchors into the ground to guy the wood posts. It would be ideal to replace one or two of your metal posts in the middle also with wood.

You want /l--l--l--l--l--l\ when done. That's to keep it from being pulled down by the weight of the crop in future years.

Finally found it! The University of Tennessee extension folks did a great pamphlet on establishing grapes. Some of the info is specific to the South, but there is an awful lot that is not, and it is in a handy pdf!

It took me awhile to find it again, but tah-dah!

https://utextension.tennessee.edu/publications/documents/PB1475.pdf

The mechanics of setting up a trellis, plant spacing and a bunch more is in there. Happy reading!

Only an hour, Bud?? Maybe someday if and when I ever get to retire I'll be able to find out how to post the pics. Sometimes it kinda sucks to be older than the computer age. LOL, Arne.

Thanks jswords, coppied, pasted and filed.
Semper Fi

Very important to make the trellis sturdy. The worst feeling is to be 6-8 years down the road and have nice vines, but see your trellis is falling down under the weight of your productivity. That's also the hardest time to replace it.

Thanks for your service!

Latest posts

Back