Mosti Mondiale Mosti renaissance Kit 16L

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_québec

Reaction score
Hi,
just to let you know that i have started a Mosti Renaissance kit (chianti) 16L of concentrated and juice.

this chianti comes with a bag of raisins, 90G of med toast oak, EC-1118 yeast, and all other typical chems.

I have just transfered my stuff into secondary after 6 days of Ferm.
i also tried something with this kit.. IHave transfered the raisin in the carboy and put the oak on secondary (the oak part is by instruction... but not hte raisin part).

so this baby should crunch on raisins for about 2 weeks. i knowthis will be rough when young and much more bitterbut i aim forbigger wine that will age longer and will try to keep itlonger due to more tannin.

The interesting part of that 16L kit is that it will be ready to bottle in 28 days
smiley3.gif
(28 days for a 16L kit ????? )

i have ask a rep of Mosti and he told me that all wine ferment under a period of 28 days and they have evaluate that it's better to put it faster in bottles to avoid possible oxydation and wait longer while in bottles... it's strange to see that wen all other add 2 more weeks for the clarification process and a waiting period.

anyway i usually am very slow after the secondary racking somy wineshave plenty of time to clear and age in carboy.

So that's my new experiment with a new kit that i never made.
i will update it as teh experience continue...

David, a lot of the kits say 28-days, but I'm of the opinion that a little more time is going to help, not hurt. As long as you're careful to protect the wineyou shouldn't have any problems with oxydation.

I posted this the other day for someone else. I think it's a great article - check it out. http://www.winemakermag.com/feature/28.html

MM also uses a different set of clarifiers than either WE or RJ and they recommend filtering every wine kit. I wonder if the combination is what makes the bottling faster.

With the MM All Juice kits, they tell you to wait several months before bottling. I have so many questions and so little time. I can't wait until this weekend when I start my MM kits.

Back