Monkeys + Root Beer=

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff H

Reaction score
Hello. I'm Kelly, and I've temporarily taken over my dad's account. We decided to give root beer making a try, since I've been helping him make his wine. And, of course, this meant labels were a must. I designed my own labels and bottlecap toppers, and here are the results.
smiley4.gif

20080426_195237_All.jpg

20080426_195408_Closeup.jpg

20080426_195546_Tops.jpg

That looks pretty cool there Kelly....And cool looking labels....How soon before itwill be ready drink???..And how much did you make??

Thanks! It should be ready to drink in about two weeks, and we made a gallon.

Thanks! In the future, probably, if I can convince my dad to help.

Kelly, I love your label and caps! They are wonderful! It sounds as though you and your dad have an awesome new hobby! Congratulations on the first of many fun times spent together! You will remember it forever!

Sounds like a fun thing you did together....

We love root beer too....especially root beer floats on a hot day.

Good job Kelly. We really liked your labels and thanks for the link.
smiley16.gif

Joan said:
Kelly, I love your label and caps! They are wonderful! It sounds as though you and your dad have an awesome new hobby! Congratulations on the first of many fun times spent together! You will remember it forever!

Thanks! We really had a great time doing it, and I can't wait until we get to make more. (and taste the results!)

Northern Winos said:
Sounds like a fun thing you did together....

We love root beer too....especially root beer floats on a hot day.

Oh, those are always great. That'll definitely be something to try after they are all ready. We really did have a great time doing it.

moose said:
Good job Kelly. We really liked your labels and thanks for the link.
smiley16.gif

Thank you! That link really helped us out, and my labels...well, they speak for themselves.
smiley4.gif

PolishWineP said:
Great job, Kelly!
smiley32.gif
The label is great!

Thanks! I was originally going to do Le Chat Noir (the black cat in French), then I said what the heck and went with purple monkeys.

I think I made the right choice.
smiley1.gif

Hi Everyone,

I have my account back from Kelly....

Root beer making was alot of fun and Kelly did a great job especially on the labels (I love the cap labels the best) .
smiley32.gif
Thanks for all of the encouragement and kind words. I know she really appreciated it (and so did I!). We'll tell everyone in about 2 weeks how it came out.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program - Wine!

Jeff

Back to the Root Beer....tell us how it tastes....
Would be interested in making some for us'in's....just for fun.

Latest posts

Back