Other Money no object blow your doors off Red

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 gallon bucket, 40 lbs of grapes? I guess I should be more thankful for where I live, because I pay $.75 a pound or $.50 a pound at professionally managed vineyards if I pick it myself.

5 gallon bucket, 40 lbs of grapes? I guess I should be more thankful for where I live, because I pay $.75 a pound or $.50 a pound at professionally managed vineyards if I pick it myself.

Wow, $0.50/lb? You can easily pay 10 times that much for frozen buckets. Definitely be thankful!

I think most are 6 gal/50 lb buckets.

A little late to the party here, but I would add the showcase Yakima valley Syrah to the list. On par with the others mentioned. RJS WS Rosso Grande Eccelente is also very nice.

Unfortunately you can no longer get the Yakima Valley Syrah. They dropped it about 6 months ago. You can find other Syrahs/Shiraz in the Showcase line but no more Yakima Valley.

Unfortunately you can no longer get the Yakima Valley Syrah. They dropped it about 6 months ago. You can find other Syrahs/Shiraz in the Showcase line but no more Yakima Valley.

I cracked a bottle of mine last night at ~16 months. Yummy. I'm sad it is discontinued.

Last edited:

Not sure what to say in a family-friendly forum. Guess I will have to make a road trip to Yakima Valley. It's only a few thousand miles....

Anybody have anything to say about the Barossa Valley Shiraz? I have some bulk aging.

Latest posts

Back