Mosti Mondiale MM Riserva Pinot Noir

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking at making a Riserva Pinot Noir. Has anyone out there made this wine and what were the results.

I have never made a MM kit. Should I expect any surprises or are they pretty straight forward like all the other kits out there.

Thank you for your feed back.

John

I have not tried any of these yet but would be brave enough to say that they would be almost exactly like any oter kit with the exception of maybe a few directions.

I haven't made the Riserva kit and not sure where you are getting it. I have done the Mosti All Juice Pinot Noir and it is just as easy or easier than the other kits out there. It has been bulk aging for about 6 months now and is about ready to bottle. The flavors and body are excellent for it's age. Short of growing your own Pinot Noir, this all-juice kit(a full 6 gallons of juice)is about as good as you will get for only a few more dollars than the 4 gallon Riserva kit. Edited by: appleman

I have read that with the 6 gallon kit that you age in a 5 gallon carboy. Do you have a full 6 gallons of wine or is it 5 gallons?

The reason I was going to go with the 4 gallon kit was due to the fact that my local brew shop carries the Riserva kits and not the pails. I was going to save on the shipping. I will need to check with them and see if they can get the 6 gallon kit.

Thanks for the feed back.

John

There is no problem with the six gallon pail of juice. They make up a full 6 gallons(or at least very close). The ones you are mentioning were the frozen must pails that when frozen, lost some of the juice. The regular all-juice is flash-pasteurized and sealed in a bag. It comes in a pail large enough that the oak, yeast and everything else is in the pail above the bag. If your local store has the Riserva you could certainly try one. The 4 gallon kits are also pretty good, so I assume this one would be good.

By the way john welcome to the forum.

Latest posts

Back