Mosti Mondiale MM Riserva Mondiale Pinot Grigio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well finally got around to starting some whites for the wife.

First white was the MM Riserva Mondiale Pinot Grigio. The temps in the winery dropped down from the start at 68 to 65 and this thing was in primary for 8 days and sitting at only 1.04. I called George and asked what to do and he said it was time to transfer it over to secondary. Stuck fermentations are hard to restart. I transferred and warmed the winery up to 70 and this guy came right back to life. He has slowed down but last I checked on him a few days ago he was 0.999 and still bubbling away. I will get an updated SG this afternoon along with a stir of the oak (yes oak in a PG!)

BTW thats a MM Aussie Chardonnay in Primary in the last pic so will have some nice whites to try (and bottle) by Xmas!

Now back to ordering some more reds!

20090928_085334_DSC00402.jpg

20090928_085349_DSC02272.jpg

20090928_085428_DSC00431.jpg

20090928_085608_DSC00436.jpg

Looks good Mike. Funny, I always say "for the wife" also, then when its time to enjoy I find myself doing just that along side her!

I'm right there with you boys. I'm only good for one glass of white, though. After that, I've got to have a red.

I like the looks of that winery Mike.

Its starting to fill up!

I like a good white with fish or chicken. Since the wife is from Seattle we have fish several times a month especially (wild caught Alaskan) Salmon, Halibut, Ahi Tuna, and Chilean Sea Bass.
smiley1.gif

I have gotten rave reviews on my MMAJReserve Pinot Grigio.

Mike, this looks great.Pinot Grigo is on my wish list and will be one that I ferment this fall.
smiley1.gif

I'll send some more pics as things progress. It'll be interesting to see what color this guy turns out to be. SG was 0.996 a few days ago but it was still bubbling just a bit. I will get another reading today and get the gross lees off it and stabilize.
smiley17.gif

Hey ibglowin,

What is the machine sitting on the counter top? is it a cooler or humidifier

Small heater to turn on in the mornings for 10-15 minutes to warm up the winery. Fall is here and the room temps were around 64 degrees without any heat. My yeastees seem to like it closer to 70 for some reason!

Bottling day came finally!

First kit to be bottled so it took me a while to get things set up and sorted out but all in all it went pretty smoothly for a rookie. We are right at 3 months bulk aging so they are still tasting a little young but should be good to go by this Spring/Summer for sure which is prime Pinot Grigio time around our house. I added Sorbate and another shot of K-Meta since it had been several months since any had been added. Filtered with a Vinbrite gravity filter and they are crystal clear as you can see. I used hot water on the shrink caps, perhaps next batch I will try a heat gun since these turned out slightly crinkly.

The Portuguese Floor Corker was worth every penny!

20100102_170854_DSC02366.jpg

20100102_170919_DSC02371.jpg

20100102_171004_DSC02376.jpg

20100102_170941_DSC02372.jpg

Now have an open Carboy!
smiley17.gif

Very Nice! I know it feels pretty good to finally get one in the bottle! I'm sure you'll fill that carboy soon!

Oh yea,

That carboy is already spoken for several times over!
smiley36.gif

vcasey said:
Very Nice! I know it feels pretty good to finally get one in the bottle! I'm sure you'll fill that carboy soon!

Mike, these look great! Congrats on the first bottling. Have you shown us your storage area?

Have a great day, and again, great job!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

PS Were you surprised at the color of this wine? I have the same one and I was surprised at the brownish, golden color. I was expecting more of a straw color.

Latest posts

Back