Mosti Mondiale Mosti Mondiale Master's Edition AllJuice Amorosso kit goes murky during bulk storage - suggestions/help?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wine Lab

Junior
Reaction score
Good morning, after 4 months of bulk storage in a plastic carboy, I noticed my MM Amorosso kit has a strange lighter colour to it, and a circular deposit on the inside shoulder of the carboy about halfway up. There appears to be some small white deposits floating at the top. It smelled normal to me but I did not taste it. In the pictures, you can see other MM kits in storage alongside and all looking normal and aging, so have no idea what is going on with this kit. After primary and secondary fermentation, I degassed the kit using a combination of my Blichmann vacuum pump and a drill with 3 pronged stirring rod. So I am sure it was degassed completely. Ending SG was .990, so completely fermented dry.

Added the sulphite package after degassing, added clearing chemicals from kit, left to clear for about a month under vacuum in a glass carboy, the same steps I have used for the last 50 kits I have made with no problems. After clearing, I transfer to a plastic carboy, add 1/4 tsp. of sulphite, and leave in bulk storage for a year without touching it, add 1/4 tsp. sulphite, then bottle it. I have never had any problems with kit spoilage or off taste, etc. using this bulk storage method. So I have no idea what is happening to his kit after 4 months of bulk storage in a carboy. The temp. in this area of the basement is a constant year round 14 C. (57 F). The colour of the wine is lighter than normal, and it looks kind of murky, so something is happening. I can't see it starting to ferment again, although I never use the sorbate in the kit as I never back sweeten with anything. There is literally no headspace left in the carboy, about an inch below the synthetic cork.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. 20200814_201221 (002).jpg20200814_201251 (002).jpg20200814_201306 (002).jpg20200814_201311 (002).jpg20200814_201320 (002).jpg

Yes, would like to hear from Salcoco (salcoco) or anyone else, any comments or suggestions welcome, two part, one what is happening with this Mosti Mondiale kit, and second, what should try or do with this kit now?

I responded to your separate call. look like flower of wine suggested remove top two inches hit with double dose of K-meta. if it comes back do the same again bottle right away consume immediately. 1/4 tsp of K-meta for one year not enough should be added every three month minimum and if ph is high above 3.5 more often that that .

Latest posts

Back