Mosti Mondiale MM Red Wine Poll

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uavwmn

Reaction score
Trying to find a MM red wine kit to try. I have made the Amarone with raisins and I have the Cabmerlot kit that I have not started.

Any suggestion on a red kit anyone has tried and loved immensely?
smiley36.gif

I'm putting a second vote to Appleman's pinot - it tastes better and better with each bottle opened.

- Jim

I have the Mosti All Juice Merlot aging and recently started the Mosti
Rennaissance Old Vines Cabernet. Both seem like they will be
good, but too early for me to tell.

Go for the Cab!!!

George, I started my MM Riserva Caberlot on Sunday. The MM instructions did not give a S.G. for the 3-5 days in the primary.
I am going to take a SG reading in 3 days to see if it gets to 1.040 or below (I am at work, so I am going from poor memory here), then proceed to the racking step.
Am I on track here?
smiley1.gif

Appleman, well, being the addicted wine kit maker that I have become, I am going to make the Barolo first then the Pinot Noir after.
smiley36.gif

uavwmn said:
Trying to find a MM red wine kit to try. I have made the Amarone with raisins and I have the Cabmerlot kit that I have not started.

Any suggestion on a red kit anyone has tried and loved immensely?
smiley36.gif

Shiraz and Castel del Papa are my two favorite All Juice reds.

Jim

The barolo that I made is going to be pretty tough to beat for a big red wine.

I just started an amarone with raisins so it will be interesting to compare the two if I can make the barolo last that long.

I just had my 1st glass of my Amarone with both grape skins and raisins and its already as good as the $65 bottle i bought last year and its only 6 months in the bottle so I am impressed beyond belief.

Wade, that is GREAT!!!!! So glad to hear your amarone is awesome!!!
Still waiting on mine.
smiley4.gif

uavwmn said:
George, I started my MM Riserva Caberlot on Sunday. The MM instructions did not give a S.G. for the 3-5 days in the primary.
I am going to take a SG reading in 3 days to see if it gets to 1.040 or below (I am at work, so I am going from poor memory here), then proceed to the racking step.
Am I on track here?
smiley1.gif
Uavwmn,
What was your SG at three? I have a Meglioli going that wasdown to1.02 after 3! Starting temp was 70.

Wade, did you do anything extra like extra oaking to your amerone or just follow the directions as is. this will probably be my next kit.

Latest posts

Back