Mosti Mondiale MM lambrusco

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwhelan939

Reaction score
Has anyone made one of these kits?about two weeks after the suggested end day of 28 days, I bottled half and transfered the other half into a 3 gallon carboy to bulk age it. This kit was my experiment kit. I wanted to practice the bottling skills, thus the bulk aging half. It tastes absolutly horrid. Lambrusco is my favorite wine, so i figured it would be a good one to start with. I followed all directions, but it is simply nasty. Is this the "young wine" taste? Will it get better. Right now it doesn't taste like a wine anyone would enjoy. Its not a sulphor or chemical taste, it's just plain bad. any thoughts?

Is this an Alexander's kit? My brother made a Chianti and it was so nasty I took a sip and dumped the rest down the drain and it had 6 months in the bottle.

Id go out on a limb and say since you said its an MM , its a Mosti. I made the Domain Tradition earlier this year and was not impressed at all..at first, but after 10 months of aging it is beginning to get pretty good. I would say give it time, a year, and then judge it. After seeing it get better, I am considering the all juice, knowing it needs time.

Give it time. Lots of time. Put it away and start another wine. Forget about it for 6 months and see what you have then. Lots of time.

i made one of those last summer.at 4 weeks it had a nice taste to it.lambruscohas an especially young potential.mosti impressed me i just got a couple of there upgrades vinifere noble merlot and renaissance carmenere both currently on sale

Didnt see the MM otherwise Id have said to give it time also. All the MM's produce good to awesome wines given at least 6 months. The kit I was refferring to is a concentrate can(460zs.) and was the worst tasting (wine?) I have ever had the displeasure of tasting.

Latest posts

Back