Mosti Mondiale MM Corks

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goodfella

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I am wanting to bottle some wine this weekend. I do not have enough of George's corks. (I have some on order)

I have some corks from a Megioli kit. Has anyone used these? or had any problems with them?

Thanks for your input.

P.S. I asked this in the bottling/corks/labels section also, But then I started thinking this area has more traffic.

The Meglioli corks are not 1.75 but they are very nice. I did the same thing you are planning and had no issue. Enjoy!

I've used them with no problems at all. Even though they are not 1.75", they do look to be good quality corks.

I spoke with George last week about cork length. According to him, stick your pinky down in the neck of the bottle to the point where the neck flares out so that the cork would no longer be tight against the neck. Any cork longer than that has no significant positive affect.

In many bottles (not all) that is 1.5 inches. He advised against buying corks longer than what will fill the neck.

Latest posts

Back