Quantcast

MM Amarone kit

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

jburtner

Reaction score
I just started a mosti mondiale amoroso bucket this morning. All it came with was some oak chips. I added one of their grape packs and some bentonite to primary. Wondering what else I might add to make it a little more special. Maybe some dried currants and raisins? I'm letting it sit for a day before dropping the included ec1118 so I can get a better idea of SG with the grape pack add. I do have another grape pack I could put in too.

Any yeasts better suited for this amarone style than ec1118? LHBS is open today.

I think i'll surely add heavy french spirals during bulk age.

Sitting @ ~1.100 SG now.

Cheers!
-jb

heatherd

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
@jburtner My MM kit came with grapes and raisins so I added both in primary.

jburtner

Reaction score
Did not get a chance to stop by LHBS for the yeast but will try that one perhaps on the Bravado coming up.

The MM Amoroso bucket was a 23L bucket... Did not come with any add's except some oak chips and yeast nutrient.

I ended up adding 60oz of raisins, 30oz of currants, and one MM "All Grape Pack".... After it sat for a day the SG was at about 1.108 so I dropped the EC1118 last night and I'll be checking stirring punching for about the next week. I would expect the raisins to add more sugar than that so probably not all extracted yet.

Cheers!
-jb

jburtner

Reaction score
Of course we can always find out these things:
http://bfy.tw/87HQ

About 3.3lbs... Fermcalc tells me that SG should go up to about 1.12

This is going to be a strong one if it ferments out all the way.

Cheers!
-jb

jburtner

Reaction score
SG was 1.060 yesterday morning and dropped to 1.030 by this morning.... Will be moving it to carboy this weekend unless it craters.

Cheers!
-jb

image.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts