Mosti Mondiale MM AllJuice Reisling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Using a fining agent requires warmer temps, using just time and no fining agents requires cooler temps.

Today Gina checked the SG and found it to be 1.010
smiley1.gif

20080118_192656_SG.jpg

<DIV align=center>Time to rack to a carboy...
smiley20.gif

<DIV align=center>
20080118_193151_transfer.jpg

<DIV align=center>
<DIV align=left>
<DIV align=center>Tadah!
smiley16.gif

<DIV align=left>
<DIV align=left>
20080118_193417_full.jpg

<DIV align=left>
<DIV align=center>Boy did that get full....
smiley14.gif

Keep an eye on it. Being a white it will probably be OK at that SG, but it could want;t to run over on you if it gets going good again. About an inch or two lower than that works best for first rackings, reserving therest into a small bottle fitted with airlock.

Do you have the corker picked out yet?

Yeah he has"The Plan" for a corker. I was just meaning that before you know it this one will be ready to cork- so if you don't have one yet, better pick one out! Rough night last night- so I'm not wording things clearly
smiley5.gif

Degassing and clarifying both work better at &gt;70F. I would keep it at that temp (inside) until fully clarified and degassed, and then move it to the garage for bulk aging.

Thanks Peter. I left on travel today to the east coast and won't be back until Jan 30th. But I moved both my reds indoors over the weekend, where they'll stay for awhile.

Gina's Resling has finished fermenting but we plan to leave it alone until I get back. That'll put us racking and clarifying around day 20 per the directions.

Would just like to say that yes........that since Ken isn't here to check on the wine himself...........I've been peeking quite frequently.........and since I know he's reading this from the other coast...........Hey Honey........it's still percolating!!!!!
smiley2.gif
That airlock just hasn't quit!!!! And you'll be glad to know that the wine is clearing all by itself........it's getting to have a beautiful color............and I can't wait to taste MY wine.........
smiley32.gif

Gina has taken over the wine and the message board, and is seriously into both
smiley32.gif

The Lady of the House is now the Wine Lady of the House, Ken.
Let's see.....2 more days before you are home hugging your carboys. Oh yea, you may want to move Gina aside to get to the carboys!! hahaa

Have a safe TDY trip back home.
smiley36.gif

K&amp;GB said:
Would just like to say that yes........that since Ken isn't here to check on the wine himself...........I've been peeking quite frequently.........and since I know he's reading this from the other coast...........Hey Honey........it's still percolating!!!!!
smiley2.gif
That airlock just hasn't quit!!!! And you'll be glad to know that the wine is clearing all by itself........it's getting to have a beautiful color............and I can't wait to taste MY wine.........
smiley32.gif

I KNEW she'd get hooked! Soon she'll be as fanatical as I am.
smiley4.gif
Hmmmm, maybe we should both get second jobs.
smiley22.gif

Ken, it must be a warm fuzzy feeling to know wherever your job takes you.....this Wine is in good hands!
smiley20.gif

JWMINNESOTA said:
Ken, it must be a warm fuzzy feeling to know wherever your job takes you.....this Wine is in good hands!
smiley20.gif

Absolutely.
smiley1.gif
And being away helps with that patience thing too.
smiley20.gif

Well... okay, so maybe it doesn't.I still think longingly about those carboys full of wine resting peacefully in my pantry.
smiley24.gif
And especially about the empty ones out in the garage.
smiley19.gif
But there's nothing I can do about it from here, so at least the wine is safe from my meddling and the bank account is safe from any new orders,... until I get back home.
smiley36.gif

Ken

I can feel you salivating over those wines from here, Hon. lol Don't worry....I'm holding down the fort. I've checked every day......and you know what???? The wines are still here!!!!
smiley2.gif

Seriously.......looking good in the pantry. Can't wait to order the next kit......yes, I admit it.....I'm hooked. I blame my daughter......she bought the first of the winemaking kits for Ken. This is all her fault...............Gosh, I LOVE her!!!

See, a great daughter who has captured Mom and Dad into this fun hobby. It is a wonderful thing.
smiley36.gif

Gina, how is the Riesling doing? I just racked mine to the carboy this past weekend. Kinda looks like a dark grapefruit juice. haha
Do you plan on bulk aging or just age in the bottle?
I have bottled all my others as the directions asked.
But I was thinking of bulk aging the Amaronne and the Riesling.

The Riesling is doing great (I think...lol). It's clearing while hanging out in my pantry and is developing a very nice color. Ken gets home from the east coast on Thurs, so I think we will rack it on Saturday. I plan to bulk age it for a while. (It's the only way I can keep his hands off it....lol) Altho.....if I'm taking up carboy space (thus preventing the starting of another wine with existing supplies).....I'm sure Ken will decide we need to get some more stuff from Mecca. Not that I would mind.
smiley4.gif
But don't tell HIM that!!!
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back