Missouri wine party!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on now Jon, if you can make the 7th, it would seem we have a date. No way to shift something?? :)

I know, I know - but with 3 kids it gets hard. I have to take my son to an indoor waterpark for a birthday party.

Oct 14th i have nothing though - but don't plan around me - pick a date that more folks can attend...

Was going to throw my name into the hat, but Kathy is having cateracts taken off about then. Will have to see how she is feeling by then. Mite be able to make it tho if you will allow a Husker across the state line. Arne.

Not sure how I missed this! Glad that I didn't come too late to the party (pun intended). :) Sundays are my long run day, since I have my first marathon on Nov 4th, but if I can rouse myself sufficiently early I could try to sneak it in and then drive over to Hermann. October works for me I think, September is a mess. Could probably make most of the October dates work. Perhaps try the 14th if Jon can't do the 7th?

I have a preference for 10/7, but if Jon can't make it then I can do 10/14.

What time of day are we talking here? I'll not be staying over before or after, so obviously mid day is my preference.

Anybody else?

Will everyone be fine with the October 14th then???? I will be home/winery all day that day, from 10 am (I sleep late!) to say 6-7 pm??? I can do a lunch or late lunch so everyone can be there??? Maybe 12-1 for lunch (whatever is left will be available) and there will be some snack food.

I can cook the following:
burgers
brat's
pork steaks

Need to know what people are wanting. Burgers and brat's can do x2.

I will also make available, chips and salsa, tea and maybe some suggested items (please suggest something. lol).

The winery has some sausages and cheese available for a descent price ( EndlessSummerWinery.com under "products") for Hermann's Wurst Haus.

Everyone is also welcome to bring a dish, but I don't expect it.

I would bring a 'dish', but it'd make SWMBO angry :)

The 14th sounds good

I am good with the 14th. I will plan on being there around noonish...

I will bring some chips and salsa..

Pork steaks or brats are a go for me...

Wine I will be bringing:
2010 Strawberry Peach
2011 Chardonel - still a bit young but very drinkable
2011 Seyval - still a bit young but very drinkable
2011 Vidal - still a bit young but very drinkable

2012 Apple Spice (if i get time to filter and bottle before the 14th)

Last edited:
Are there some things you would like us to bring - other than wine? :)

14th sounds good. I can bring a dessert dish, squash custard (think pumpkin pie without crust.) If my muscadine grapes are still producing, I can bring some (I doubt it, this year everything was early.) I'd take either a pork steak or 2 brats, surprise me.

I should be good to come that day. I can bring something as well, some sort of supplemental dish or a dessert perhaps. A brat sounds fine to me. Likely won't make it there till at least 1, but should be fine for that.

I can make it on the 14th since I will be in MO over the weeked. If you allow us Minnesota part time MO people to come. I will eat either burger or brat or what ever else you have. I can bring something as long as I can buy it and do not have to make it.

I can make it on the 14th since I will be in MO over the weeked. If you allow us Minnesota part time MO people to come. I will eat either burger or brat or what ever else you have. I can bring something as long as I can buy it and do not have to make it.

The more the merrier!!

I don't have an issue with you bringing a store bought dish...

The more the merrier!!

I don't have an issue with you bringing a store bought dish...

agreed.

So far it seems I am counting 7? I will get more than needed, just in case. It will get eaten at some point. lol.

From this post on, ADD to the number 7 if you haven't rsvp'd, please. Desserts sound great! Someone might want to bring plastic cups? Tasting cups are no good for water or tea. lol. Paper plates could be another (although I might have some).

Just a thought, we will probably be busy, so parking in our driveway will be a good idea. Just try to make sure others can get out. It starts at 2 cars wide, but opens to 3 wide. Should be able to get ~3-4 in the drive no problem. I have another place to park on grass, if it's dry enough.

Last edited:
agreed.

So far it seems I am counting 7? I will get more than needed, just in case. It will get eaten at some point. lol.

From this post on, ADD to the number 7 if you haven't rsvp'd, please. Desserts sound great! Someone might want to bring plastic cups? Tasting cups are no good for water or tea. lol. Paper plates could be another (although I might have some).

Just a thought, we will probably be busy, so parking in our driveway will be a good idea. Just try to make sure others can get out. It starts at 2 cars wide, but opens to 3 wide. Should be able to get ~3-4 in the drive no problem. I have another place to park on grass, if it's dry enough.

Can you list what you need brought - that way we can all pitch in and help out - and folks can just reply with they are bringing.

Can you list what you need brought - that way we can all pitch in and help out - and folks can just reply with they are bringing.

OK

-Plastic cups (for tea/water)
-Paper plates
-Dessert (?)
-2-3 Sides
-Any snacks (chips, dip, cheese, crackers) - We do carry some sausage/cheese crackers at the winery

I think that is it. I have a descent sized table, tasting cups, brats/pork steaks/burgers, buns and condiments.

Back