Missouri wine party!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't see an issue - just don't do it the weekend of september 28th - that's my b-day or mothers day weekend in may...

Hey guys, If you don't mind I would like to be included. I lived in NW Missouri since 1970 till last year when our farm was flooded. I live just across the state line in Iowa now, but I would enjoy getting to meet other winemakers.

Keep me in mind

BOB

Hey, BOB, just keep following the thread and come on down!

I agree, it's labeled "missouri wine party" because it seems that's where it will be, but everyone is invited!

I'll try to make it. I live in the St. Louis area part time and in Sikeston part time where I grow muscadines.

Well, Gary. Bring a few pails of pressed/settled/frozen Muscadine juice with you!!!

Seriously, we're at about the same latitude. Any trouble growing Muscadines? I've convinced myself that winters are too cold for them here so I won't have to babysit grapes :)

I grow the muscadines near Sikeston, a little different latitude (zone 7) from St. Louis and I think another factor is the altitude. They call it swampeast Missouri for a reason. I've planted a vine in my back yard in St. Louis this summer to see if they'll grow up here, but I'll be surprised if they do. I'm afraid what I'll find is that they grow for a couple of years, then get killed to the ground by winter weather or something and I get grapes 2 years out of five. But they grow like weeds in the Bootheel. I've had them in my yard there for 3 years and this past year I've been planting a vineyard. The vineyard is a couple of years from production, though. I might have some to bring then.

I'm not in St Louis ... I was thinking the same thing. I might get lucky for a few years only to have a cold winter erase my efforts.

It is now September and the wave seems to be over. Time to schedule?

I'm game. We still thinking Hermann? I heard Endless Summer is getting us a block of rooms :)

I'm game. We still thinking Hermann? I heard Endless Summer is getting us a block of rooms :)

I dunno about that, but I can provide food. :ib

How about Sunday the 30th??? The first weekend in October would be good too. Hermann has Oktoberfest, so people can hit up the other wineries on a Saturday, get a room and come by ours on a Sunday. Although, it might be busy to do much at the winery. My father runs the winery, so I figure I'd be doing this event.

Lets take a vote on weekends

9/23
9/30
10/7

I am not going to vote because I am here about every Sunday. :sm

Let's pencil in Oct 7th and see what happens ... we can firm up when we get more responses.

I don't think the Oct 7th will work for me.

I think the next sunday Oct 14th will - have to check the calendar...

Back