Missouri wine party!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobF

Reaction score
I have no idea when or where, but let's start planning. When can everybody make it to the center of the state?

We can settle on details later. Who can make it?

C'mon now, aren't you getting tired of those PA-ers having all the fun?

Sounds like a fantastic idea - just a matter of getting away - with three kids one being a newborn - hard to get away.

We should look at going to the MO Valley Wine Society meeting - they are held once a month in Warrenton.

You could always come by my winery..... :). Covered patio (should have fans soon) for 20+ and inside seating for 10 or more, plus a covered front porch for 3-4.

It would be best for me to do on a Sunday, because I work 6 days a week on 2nd shift besides working at the winery.

Since it is a business and I would have to charge for wine, if we did do a Sunday deal, I could light up the bbq and provide burgers, bratwursts, chips, and tea for the event. For free of course, as I don't have a food license I cannot sell any cooked food. Anyone could bring their own food, if they wanted too as we encourage people to bring food and relax.

pavillion.jpg

Last edited:
I like the winery idea! Any problem bringing and sharing our wines on your patio?

Sounds like a good deal.

This would be an all day event for me - so if I can make I will be there.

I like the winery idea! Any problem bringing and sharing our wines on your patio?

Actually, yes, but I don't have a problem if you bring it onto our personally property. We have a deck that can fit ~12 people (deck dimensions 16' x 20'). We could taste wines there and it is 80 ft from the patio. lol

this is a pic from looking off the deck.
SUNSET.jpg

Not legal to allow any drinking of outside alcohol on that premise. There is a "invisible" line which we created, that the winery rents from us. That boundary separates winery from personal property. I would just have to ask that, if you are drinking personal wine, stay on the one side. I can also share my experiments with you on that side. Free of charge of course! :)

I have a "Big Green Egg" (actually it's the medium size, so not so big. lol) that if anyone has something they would like to bring, can be used. I can get some chops, burgers or bratwursts. Just let me know what ya'll would like. I can also bring another table or something for the private area, so that we can setup tastings there. I have a table on the deck, but it's not so big (3' diameter or so). If we could get a good idea about who would like to come and when, that would be great. Like I said though, unless it's a holiday weekend, I pretty much work every MON-SAT. Sunday is always a go though and I'll make sure I don't have other work that needs done.

Brew and Wine, do you make beer?? I wouldn't mind tasting others beer that they make either. :)

I would like to put names to faces and such, so this seems like a great way. Maybe make it a twice a year thing? We could go somewhere else and check it out later in the fall? Seems like there are a bunch of MO folks here, so it should go over well, if we can get the word out.

I can get some chops, burgers or bratwursts. Just let me know what ya'll would like.

Brew and Wine, do you make beer?? I wouldn't mind tasting others beer that they make either. :)

I would like to put names to faces and such, so this seems like a great way. Maybe make it a twice a year thing? We could go somewhere else and check it out later in the fall? Seems like there are a bunch of MO folks here, so it should go over well, if we can get the word out.

From Swiss Meat Co.???:HB:HB:HB

Sorry, not now. Maybe sometime in the future. I've made beer in the past, but mostly making wine now.

Last time I went to Hermann I stopped at Swiss and loaded up about 50# of various brats and sausages. Their casings are a little thick for my taste, but the stuff they're stuffed with is AWESOME!

Well, I can get Swiss, but right now we have Hermann Wurst Haus sausages and cheeses for sale from the winery . They actually are relatives I believe that own Swiss and Hermann Wurst Haus. I believe they carry very similar, if not the same products. I will try and get some more info about them and relay that here if brats are what most want??

Maybe towards the end of july or august - I am pretty booked up through June on the weekends and 1st part of july..

If this is an outdoor event, I say September ...

So what does everybody think, twice a year in May and September?

Latest posts

Back