Might have ruined a batch, help!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnsfarms

Reaction score
I was making another batch of a db with Godiva choc. Liquor in it, the first was great, and gone now. I was at step four and added my Godiva, not realizing it was the milk choc. And not the dark I used before,, needless to say it got really milky.. Question, will that settle out or should I try to settle it, can allow more time to settle then rack if it will clear, but don't want to wait if it won't do it, will just dump and be more careful next time,,
The dark was not milky, this was, any advice ? Thanks in advance.

Been about 4 hours since I added and mixed, just looked at it and it has settled but looks like 4 inches in a 5 gallon carboy,maybe it will drop

Let it set about a week, then rack off and strain the heavy lees (stuff sitting on bottom) through a cheesecloth. I wouldn't squeeze it
Either, just let it drain through. Then it will still drop stuff out.

I agree. Let it sit, I bet it will settle out. It may take more than a week but it never seems to hurt to age.

Update, it has settled down to about 1" in the bottom will let it rest and rack, glad I had a extra 3 quarts after filling the jug

It racked fine. Lost about half gallon. One more rack and it should be good

Latest posts

Back