Cellar Craft Merlot Kit Suggestions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kat50496

Reaction score
Need to make my first merlot for the cellar and looking for some suggestions on which one to make. I'm looking at either the CC Showcase Walla Walla Cab Merlot or the Yakima Merlot. On the other hand, George has the RJS Winery Series Merlot on sale this month :D I have the RJS WS Australian Meritage and the RJS LE California Grand Red bulk aging so it's not like I don't have any merlot in the cellar (even though these are blends). Thanks for opinions - y'all are usually right on in your assessments.

Keith, I have the Stags Leap Merlot. just finishing up secondary today. I stole a taste yesterday. I think it's awesome already. Bakervinyard

I made Cellar Craft Merlot with grape pack. It is now only about 3 months old. Taste good! Everything went smoothly... As I gain experience with this whole thing I am now not using the yeast a kit comes with anymore.... EC1118 is a very generic yeast and I can get a lot more creative..... Something else I learned about these kits..... I don't use the sorbate packs unless you have a specific reason....

It is too early in the process to be sure, but I think the CC Showcase Walla Walla Cab Merlot is a wonderful kit. Still bulk aging mine, but it has been truly outstanding in early tasting.

I just grabbed a glass out of my Stags Leap that has been bulk aging for a bit over seven months and it was great! Can't wait to try it in another six months. I'm hoping I can keep some long enough to age this for a couple years.

Latest posts

Back