MEN... Good and Bad.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

closetwine

Advanced Idiot
Reaction score
So after complaining about all my wines (because they take up space), Hubby tried to hint around to seeing what was almost ready. As soon as I said I had to make a trip to the store to pick up supplies for an f-pak for the margarita he was all on it. So we're going tonight. Then he was asking what was left to do... LOL! He also asked if that meant he got to do a 'tasting' tonight. Then he started this "theoretically" he could be drinking it within a week if he didn't care how clear it was... One dirty look later and a "theoretically" if it doesn't go into bottle shock, then yes. He decided it was still worth it, and is currently walking the mile down to his mom's house to pick up her truck and battery charger because he left the key on in my car. Now, for a man who doesn't care about anything I make, why is he walking a mile in 105 degree weather?:b

HAHAHAHAHA! He even agreed we needed to run down to the LHBS next payday and pick up about 5 cases of bottles plus a TON of other stuff...:r
I dunno whether to encourage this behavior or laugh my butt off! Seriously, he didn't care a week ago if I dumped them all. Now he's asking what each one is and what stage it's at... I blame it on his heat stroke he had a week ago! UGH, MEN! :slp

It's good he is showing some support.

There are two ways you can handle the tasting:
Make sure that what he tastes is ready to drink. Otherwise, it might turn him off.
OR......
If it's not ready yet, at least have him try to remember how it tastes now. That way, when it is ready, he will be pleasantly surprised; he will not believe it is the same wine he last tasted.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

He's used to tasting them throughtout the process. So he knows how all that works... He just jumps between wanting to dump eveything to get it out of the way, to interested...

But his mom's truck won't start so he has to walk the mile back just to swap batteries in the vehicles. LOL!

Closet thats pretty good. Be kind and have a nice cold beverage for him when he gets back.

That's the right idea!!!

Does this mean he has to carry a car battery a mile? :slp

Closetwine, ever heard of or been to Hobart, Lone Wolf, or Granite?

LOL! He got a bottle of water. And no he didn't carry it, he has to wait on his brother to bring him some keys to get into the shop.

I'm pretty sure I've been through Hobart and Granite, but for the life of me I can't think of where they are...

Brother brought the keys... to moms house... He had to walk all the way back down there! If we ever ge to town I think I'll buy him more that the 6-pk he asked for LOL!

Last edited:
Ahh, yeah Hubby has worked out that way, that's why it sounds familiar. I don't know if I ever went on those trips though... Maybe, not sure. LOL! I traveled everywhere with him until the kids slowed me down. Used to be a different town/state every week.

Thats so cool. The only time my wife is even remotely excited about anythin g Im fermenting is when she ca offer some to her friends or use it to save us some money somehow which happens all the time.

LOL! Yeah, before that's all he was interested in to. He has a habit of giving it away tofriends that help us out with projects. Usually it's hey, come over and help me build something, we have the all the alcohol you can drink! UGH... But this batch really was for him, he started out indiffernt, but now he's excited.

Looks like they got the truck running!

Back