Mastas Mojjo Spice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's later -- After the "what's this?" I said "Masta's Mojjo Spice!" She was looking for a recipe for chicken breasts for a quick family meal -- Sooo... out comes the regular Mojjo...

2006-03-11_190316_P3110018_Thm.jpg

She was sceptical at first, but after a few minutes... a quick, simple, but elegant meal!

2006-03-11_190622_P3110020_Thm.jpg

Consensus from everyone was "That was goood!" And then, my wife turned to the family beagle and said, "Well, Grizzly, looks like we've been 'Mojjoed' !!"

smiley36.gif

Masta,

Today was the first day I've cooked since I received the mojjo spice and I put it in the scrambled eggs, big hit with my family
smiley32.gif
. I really liked it, can't wait to try in on some fish or chicken.

My mojo plans got sidetracked today as did most of my other plans. Was not a good day for me. I started early this morning cleaning bottles and left that chore around 730am to run an errand for Kat. When I go back my 6 gallon carboy I had just cleaned and sanitized was in a jillion pieces on my back patio. I dont know how it fell off the table but it did. I finished cleaning the bottles and was going to rack my Shiraz and Muscadine. I started with the Shiraz and after racking it I went to put the airlock back in and due to the crazy barometric pressure it kept popping back up so i gave it a really good push from the top of the airlock and "plop"..Into the carboy it went. Dont think bulk aging wine with a rubber bung in it would be too good so I racked the wine back out. Tried every way under the sun to get that bung back out and finally got me a piece of nylon trotline cord, tiedthe cordto the middle of a nail,fed it through the hole in the bung and finally got it out that way. This was after about an hour or longer of my wine sitting in the primary just sucking up that oxygen. I went to rack back to the carboy and when I removed the lid from my primary there was a little moth floating on top of my Shiraz. I eased him out...And ATE that sucker, cussing him as he went down. Hopefully it will still be ok. After all that i was in no mood for no food !!

Damn Waldo.....Days like that make you wish you never got out of bed!

Waldo,

Maybe a little MoJo on the moth would have made for a tasty little treat!!!!

Ramona

My sweet wife is going to broil some Salmon tomorrow with mojjo on it i know the beef tips and noodles were very good with it & a glass of Mustang grape wine.

Harry

I had a lot of work to do this weekend, my wife has now accused me of having an affair with my wine (instead of her), so I am forced to build a wine room......... woooh is me.....
smiley2.gif
. No more carboys in the kitchen, hallway, dinning room, bedroom and spare bedroom. Now they are neatly placed in a nice cozy room downstairs where I installed a double basin utility sink and a large work bench.

BUT!!!!!!!!!.................

Sunday I was craving for some smoked Mojjo ribs!

So I went out about 1:00 and tried to start my small (cheap) smoker............
smiley19.gif
But the electric heating element would not heat up.......... so I had a spare................ and it wouldn't heat up either
smiley19.gif

So off to Lowes Home Improvement with my lovely young Boss...... Hummmm..... Wife! The only elements they had were the small ones that wouldn't heat anything....
smiley19.gif

Then my wife says... "well honey.... what do you want to do?"
smiley3.gif

With a sad face I quietly said..... I guess I'll just have to make due......
smiley5.gif
smiley19.gif
She said...... "No..... just get another one (mind you.. she was looking at the cheap ones like I had), when I said " No honey, I wouldn't buy another one like that..... it'll just break in a few months like my other one"................
smiley19.gif

So she picked this one out for me
smiley4.gif
!

2006-03-13_153506_smoker.jpg

She said that I was worth it
smiley9.gif
! Or, the moral of the story is "tell her she (he) means more to you than wine.............."

Oh, when I got home and got this unit together, I plugged the (new) heater in to get the charcoal going only to find out it wasn't the elements I had earlier......... The breaker was tripped........... OOooops...
smiley2.gif

So I made some Mojjo ribs, BBQ ribs, Mojjo chicken and "HOT" Mojjo pork! I would have taken pictures of all the meat but....... well....... I was hungry and it was gooooood! The hot Mojjo was just right with a nice burn to it that lingers for just a minute or so. It was Very Very good!

My hats off to ya Masta
smiley32.gif
The hot Mojjo is another winner!Edited by: jobe05

Thanks jobe05....I had to discuss with the wife about who got which hot version since there were two.

You received the first version of the hot which I thought might be too much....so I adjusted it. I need to write this down so I can keep track!
smiley36.gif

Did the heat overpower the rest of the flavor?

Without giving away any of the secrets, the hot version has a extra ingredient to increase the heat and this is what we adjusted.

I had a rack of ribs with the regular Mojjo spice on it, then I had 2 Pork.... hummmm...., like shoulder or butt steaks.... that I used the hot on. I rubed failry liberaly the ribs (regular spice), but not knowing what the "Hot" In the hot spice was going to be I went a bit easier on that. Actually, I could taste more of the Mojjo in the hot than in the regular.

Was the hot "too Hot"?......... Not really. Considering I don't like really Hot spices, I thought this was very good and just right for me.

I hate having to compair and look for the negatives in the spices, I know thats what you are looking for, and I'm really trying to be impartial, But I really Like this stuff! And so does the family....... so it's very difficult......

My 16 oz. bag is disappearing quickly
smiley19.gif

Note: I should add that "hot" is a relative term. I enjoy Walkers Woods Jerk seasoning every now in then on smoked items, and this is what the Hot Mojjo reminded me of....... Again..... Very good when you want something Hot.Edited by: jobe05

Masta-

I was just going to tell you, we love the Thai dragon sauce. My hubby puts a ton of it on everything from his eggs to his v-8 juice. Very good!! He loves it.

So Masta sent me a taster of the hot Mojjo. Thank you so much!! Much
prefer it to the original.

Mushroom Mojjodillas

2tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic (or 1/4th tsp of minced)
2oz baby portabella mushrooms sliced thin
i tsp Masta's hot Mojjo spice
2 tbsp VR Pinot Grigio ( that means tip a little from your half finished
glass into the pan)
2 large flour tortillas
3 oz strong cheddar,

Saute the mushrooms, hot mojjo spice and garlic in a skillet until
somewhat browned.
Add the Pinot Grigio and continue to saute until dry.
Put the mushrroms in a dish to the side.
Place one tortilla in the skillet, add half the grated cheese, then the
mushrooms, then the rest of the cheese. Top with another tortilla.
Brown, flip the whole mess and brown the other side.

slide onto a chopping board and leave for a minute, then cut into wedges
using a pizza slicer.

Ummmmmm..... good

smiley1.gif

Next job. How to get a 1lb bag. Masta, instructions pleaseEdited by: peterCooper

Cool Recipe Peter...we will have to try that one.

Please contact me at [email protected] for placing an order and the Hot Mojjo is $1.35 per oz since the change in the recipe from the original adds more costly ingredients.

I love the mojjo spice. I've tried it on chicken, shrimp, steak and my favorite is on rice. Just the right amount of heat. I have enjoyed everything I've tried it on. Thanks Masta.

jobe05, kinda sounds like the time years ago I bought an old Ford
wagon, the lifters started clacking one day, so I pulled the engine
apart and replaced them, the new ones clacked too, so I checked the oil
and there weren't none!!

Or when I lived in New Hampshire 20 years ago, moved into our new (to
us) house and the dryer didn't work, so I went and bought a new one,
then I went and bought a new circuit breaker and they both worked!!

Latest posts

Back