masta’s drinks

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a batch of Joe's Ancient Orange recipe and it turned out great. You gotta like sweet stuff though, thats for sure.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Hippie said:
It is probably good beer. I like my beer slightly sweet. Well, really I just like beer.

Beer oh Beer, you rascal you

You knock me down and scrape my shin

You are truly a Rascal oh Beer

But I think I shall try you again

All in time my friend.....I am thinking about entering my Tupelo Vanilla Mead in the International Mead Festival. They are having a Home Mead Competition this year for the first time.

It will be almost a year from when I started it which most likely isn't enough aging time but I would welcome the feedback from the expert judges.

http://www.meadfest.com/

smiley32.gif
Go for it Masta. From the pictures you posted it looked really awesome to me

Masta...without any Mead, what do you recommend topping off with other than water, when racking. My last new batch I started is about ready to rack to another jug.

That is a problem topping off with having any mead to do it with. A small amount of water won't hurt but the other option could be using glass marbles as other have suggested to help displace the airspace.

A trip to Wally World is definately forthcoming this morning then. Thanks Masta. I had forgotten all about the marbles trick.

I'll add an easy Long Island Ice Tea recipe (easy 'cause you don't need sour mix):

1/2 oz vodka
1/2 oz rum (dark or light)
1/2 oz tequila
1/2 oz gin
1/2 oz triple sec
1 oz lemon juice
Cola (like Coke)

Put the first six ingredients in a glass. Add some ice. Top up with the Coke. It's tasty, and it doesn't get much easier than that.
smiley4.gif

We had a bottle of Hpnotiq on Thanksgiving for 'appitizers'..it was awesome....Vodka/Cognac/Tropical Fruits...don't know what gives it that BLUE</font> color...it sure 'sets you up'...and warms you up too....
smiley2.gif

Hpnotiq does have a nice, fruity flavor, but MAN is it expensive! Or maybe I'm just...um, frugal.
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back