Marigold pictures

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Reaction score
Here is a some pics of my Marigolds i am planing to make win out of,I plan on picking them tomorrow if its not raining
20070501_200456_Marigold_row.JPG
20070501_201320_marigolds_walkw.JPG

To bad cause they look beautiful where they are and youll have to wait so long to reap the benefits of that beauty!

Wade, he doesn't care about the looks, he won't miss them but his neighbor sure will!
smiley36.gif

Seriosly, he knows the marigoldswill keep on blooming once those are picked. He could make a few batches as the season moves on.

They have hundreds of buds on them so they will reproducein a couple weeks, My Marigold wine was a big hit on Easter Sunday when all my kids and grand kids were over.
Harry

This new hobby never ceases to amaze me. Using flowers from a plant commonly recommended by organic gardeners as an insect repellent for wine-making! Would you mind sharing the recipe with a newbie?

Here is the recipe I used
<CENTER>My Wine Recipes
Marigold Wine

Frequently asked questions </CENTER>
<DIV align=center>
<CENTER>
<TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=5 width=500>
<T>
<TR align=middle>
<TD width=125><B =a>Category[/B]
Flower</TD>
<TD width=101><B =a>Color[/B]
Rose</TD>
<TD width=91><B =a>Measurement[/B]
US</TD>
<TD width=202><B =a>Vintner[/B]
MedPretzel</TD></TR></T></TABLE></CENTER>

<B =a>Yield:[/B] 1 gallon

<B =a>Ingredients:[/B] 7.5 US pints Water, 1 Teaspoons Nutrient, 2.5 Pounds Sugar, 2 US quarts Loosely packed marigold petals, 1 Cans White grape concentrate

<B =a>Methods:[/B] Put water on to boil, stirring sugar in until dissolved. Prepare zest of orange peel and then extract the juice from the pulp. Put marigold petals, chopped raisins and zest of orange in nylon straining bag and tie closed. Put in primary with yeast nutrient and pour boiling water over bag. Cover primary and set aside to cool. When room temperature or slightly warm, add activated yeast. Recover primary and gently squeeze bag twice a day for 5-6 days. Squeeze bag to extract liquid, discard contents of bag, and recover primary. Allow to settle overnight and rack into secondary. Fit airlock and set aside to continue fermentation. Rack, top up and refit airlock after 30 days, then again after additional 60 days. Set in cool place 4 months, checking airlock periodically for seal. Rack, stabilize and sweeten to taste if desired, but this wine is very good dry. If sweetened, set aside additional 14 days to check for signs of refermentation. If none or if wine is not sweetened, carefully rack into bottles and cellar 12 months before tasting.

<B =a>Yeast:[/B] Red Star Montrachet
<DIV align=center>
<CENTER>
<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor=#111111 cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=5 width=500>
<T>
<TR align=middle>
<TD width="33%"><B =a>SG_start:[/B] 1.085</TD>
<TD width="33%"><B =a>SG_end:[/B] 0.990</TD>
<TD width="34%"><B =a>Abv:[/B] 12.9</TD></TR></T></TABLE> </CENTER>

Thanks so much, Harry. Would that be 1 orange? How much raisins?

The recipe is close to Jack Keller's dandelion recipe which I just used. I have 2 1/2 gallons in the primary now.

Latest posts

Back