marbles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RalphEd

Junior
Reaction score
I was poking around for Marbles.

I found Marble's marbles. They have a "How many does it take to fill a quart jar?" section for a few of their sizes.

RalphEd

Marbles PS

They have some 7/8 dia on sale for 4.00/pound. Their are about 2 1/2 pounds per quart, I think it said.

I just ordered 25# of 5/8 US made glass marbles for $42 shipped, its not food safe but the sellers claims no hazardous material or lead. I haven't received them yet but still not 100% I will use them, kinda iffy because they are not actually certified food safe, I need to do more reading on glass thats not food safe.

I get the clear (slightly green) glass "marbles" some are disc shaped others like a thick oval. You get about 1.5-2 lbs for a buck at dollar tree. I worked in the glass industry for 4-5 years, this type of glass is totolly inert unless you have hyrdroflouric acid in you wine. (YOU CAN'T) For $5 I have all the glass I can use at a time.

For those who worry about lead in glass, it's called crystal and will not leech out.

Back