Mango Wine From Fruit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiz

Reaction score
My mango wine is cloudy after 3 months bulk aging. Added pectic enzyme but didn't write down if I added sorbate. Time to backsweeten. What to do about sorbate and cloudiness?

been there, don't that.
I have double dosed 2 fruit wines with sorbate because it either didn't "seem" to work or I wasn't paying attention when I did it and didn't write it down. So far, so good.

Try Super Kleer to get the haze out. It's a miracle drug. I wouldn't do any back sweetening until you are sure it's stable and clear or you might get a 2nd fermentation.

I think you have 2 options. The 1st being:backsweeten some and watch for a few days to see if it starts refermenting, if it doesn't you've already added sorbate,if it does let it finish then add sorbate and backsweeten. Or add your sorbate and hope you aren't double dosing.Either way I would wait until you have finished backsweetening before clearing or you risk it clouding up again.
I think we've all at one time or another forgot to write something down ;)

Sorry I typed a b in backsweeten and got the cheers somehow lol. maybe it's a sign...

add 1/2 cup wine to a jar, add a pinch of sugar, if it doesnt have sorbate, it will start to ferment.if it doesnt start ferment, you added it, are your alcohol is above 12 percent.

if you have not added a clearing agent, it may be cloudy for 4 are 6 mos.
white fruite, as mango,banana,peach,apple pear, etc takes for ever to clear on its own, becuase of the pulp.
if you induce a clearing agent, its a lot faster.

Latest posts

Back