Mango-Jalapeno Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Starting my Mango Jalapeno Wine this afternoon. I will be using DangerDave's Dragon's Blood recipe replacing the triple berry blend with mango, then adding some finely chopped jalapeno and golden raisins. I'll post pics and updates as we progress.
:se

Meet Em J! She's a sassy mango-jalapeno wine who appears a little cloudy now, but when she clears in a couple of weeks she's gonna be devastatingly gorgeous!

I racked to the secondary yesterday, added the potassium metabisulphite, potassium sorbate and sparkolloid and degassed like crazy. Took a little sip (y'know, quality control!) and it definitely has more of the jalapeno taste. Not spicy, more like the taste of jalapeno jelly without all of the sugar. Not bad, but I was hoping for the mango to be the dominant flavor. We'll see what happens as it starts to clear and once we back-sweeten. I may buy some mango extract or something to enhance the flavor. I don't want to lose the jalapeno flavor, but I definitely want more mango.

More to come.

ForumRunner_20130817_082203.jpg

Don't be suprised if it takes a long time to clear. Mine sat there for months, then one day it fell clear. I used apple for a base, tho.
Arne.

Don't be suprised if it takes a long time to clear. Mine sat there for months, then one day it fell clear. I used apple for a base, tho.
Arne.

That's good to know. Now I won't obsess too much over the cloudiness. It's been sitting for a week now, and I'm gonna rack it off the sediment today, but it's still cloudy. I'll probably rack once more before I leave for vacation in a couple of weeks, then let it sit. And wait.

Such a learning process that happens every time you try something new.

Latest posts

Back