Other Malvasia

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWMINNESOTA

Reaction score
I had kind of gotten away from making the whites, found this kit online awhile back, Malvasia "used" to be one of my favorites, after tasting the must, and a nip here and there along the way, I believe this is going to be a very good white! Just started the stabilize / clearing stage.
20071231_162431_malvasia.jpg

What strain of yeast did you use? I have a 6 gal. bucket of Malvasia bianca juice I'm ready to start!

Nice looking wine, JW. Can't remember if I've ever tried a Malvasia. Waiting to hear how it turns out.

Lanomed I believe it came with 1118 , K&G it turned out really good. I'm not best at describing wines, but has a really nice bouquet, very fruit forward taste. While it is a dry, its flavor makes you think it was back sweetened. It is a favorite white, don't intend to run out of this one.

Sounds interesting. I'll look around for a bottle to try. WHat brand of kit is this?

20081122_182445_Malvasia_003_Sm.jpg

Well, ya really went and did it!
smiley36.gif
Popped one open this evening, WOW, its getting really really good! (IMO) I believe it was Cellar Craft.

Hey there JW, you forgot a letter on the label. Shouldn't that read "G"Old b**tard Cellars"? With that nice pretty color, I would think it is a gold medal winner.

I have 2 bottles of Beringer Malvasia Bianca that were done in a dessert/port style. These are 20 year old bottles I purchased at the winery and forgot I had. I recently opened a bottle for a dinner party and it was a big hit.

Where did you get a pail of Malvasia? I can not find it, I looked on the Cellar Craft site.
Edited by: PatL

Yes I wrote George today again asking about both Muscato and Malvasia from Fontana since they seem to be the only source.

"As a last ditch move I ordered 2 cans of Alexanders concentrate Muscat
to do an experiment. I want to make an Alsatian style Muscato and a
sparkling d'Asti style. I would like to make a port style wine from the
Malvasia. "

He said that he would look into it after the first of the year. If there is a demand he may be able to address it. Send him a message.

Upon further review...This was probably a selection kit, now that I have to actually think about it. I did search and see a few available, as to if they actually have in stock, who knows. I did email a couple of places to see if they do. Wade, I get a pretty good deal on the Fontana stuff, they are good kits, like everything these days shipping is almost as high as the kits themselves,but they do make a pretty good wine. I think when I got this one it was one of the only ones left where I got it, hopefully George will stock it, if it is available to him.

Almost forget, My love of the Malvasia is what led me to purchase the "Chardasia" all juice from George. It was a good decision!Edited by: JWMINNESOTA

Back