Making your own Wine Coolers

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MedPretzel

Reaction score
Quick question:

I would like to make some homemade wine coolers for my sister for christmas, and it requires 7-up/sprite-like soda pop. Do you think I could mix up a batch of wine + pop and bottle it in Beer-bottles with beer caps?

Thanks!

Martina

Wonder if it would go 'flat"??? Try some and sample before Christmas....let us all know...sounds like a winner.Edited by: Northern Winos

Northern Winos said:
Wonder if it would go 'flat"??? Try some and sample before Christmas....let us all know...sounds like a winner.

You know, I was thinking the same thing, but....
<UL>
<LI>Coca-Cola used to be bottled that way, and it didn't go flat that quickly.</LI>
<LI>Beer is bottled that way, and it doesn't go flat.</LI>[/list]

My concern is that I might get too much pressure, but then again, if you shake a beer-bottle when it's capped, the cap doesn't fly off....

But I am still unsure. I will try it and see. I'll tell my sister to keep it in the "easy-to-wipe-up" room.
smiley36.gif

Chill the soda and wine well first then mix together gently in order not to release too much CO2 and pour into bottles and cap.

Chilling the soda will help it hold more of the dissolved CO2 when you mix it with the wine. Using the standard beer bottling filling technique for minimum splashing will also help.

Martina,

My guess is that the CO2 volume from the soda will be displaced to all the liquid once bottled. So, if you used 50% soda, your drink would be 1/2 as flat as started. If you wanted to take the time, you could bubble some CO2 into your wine before the bottling process.

Hal

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to do this. Right now, it seems like there are too many hurdles.
smiley5.gif
I am sure by the 23rd of Christmas, I'll think differently.
smiley36.gif
Thanks again!

Martina

Latest posts

Back