Making Wine Labels

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it's hard to decide which wine will be the "Christmas Wine" though. Last year, I wanted to make mistletoe wine, but found out that mistletoe is poisonous to consume.
smiley11.gif

I already had planned to call it "Meet me under the Mistletoe Wine"
smiley11.gif

What do you think would be a good christmas wine?

If you did that wine, then you could name it, "Meet me under the tombstone" go thang you didn't.

Hahahaha, well, this just goes to show how important it is to check your sources about what you can and cannot use in Country Wines.

There are some good sources on the internet, but better sources from your local library and bookstore.

Please err on the side of caution!!!!

I always "red-flag" when in doubt. Hawaii has all sorts of eatable little berries, and there is a few that look like the eatable ones which will either kill you or wish that you had died...I don't even go there...

That is very wise. I will check out my local library soon and post which books I would recommend for anyone who is interested.

I have heard of people casually feasting on what they thought was eatable then learned the hard way..not a way to learn.

Just be sure and do not eat red elderberries. I don't think they grow here, I never saw them.

The red variety are poisonous. The blue or black ones are what we use to make wine.

See? Youa re a very rich source of winemaking.... Move over Jack Keller, Glenvall is on the way.... And I mean that, dear.

Yea, right, OK then. Don't tell Mr. Keller that. I want to live to see tomorrow. Part of my learning process includes reading his websites over and over. Anyone can do that.

Well, I'll be making the labels today, I think. Mum, Marigold and Plum are the ones that are up for discussion today. They are going to be smaller because I have to use up these old labels that I have (I hate them, but I have to use them up before I can allow myself to buy new ones). I might even do them in color this time. Lately, I've been quite lazy with the labels.

Oh, it turned out very thin. I miscalculated with the fruit.
smiley18.gif
smiley7.gif

I stabilized about a month ago, and added 2 cups of sugar yesterday. I was a little worried because it was foaming when I added the sugar, but it calmed down right after.

You sweetened a wine?
smiley5.gif

The fizz was from CO2 displaced by adding the sugar.

smiley1.gif

yes, I sweetened. Maybe it will help it. Like I said, I'm just not happy with the results. It could have been better.
smiley5.gif

Latest posts

Back