Making Wine Labels

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You go Stinkie!

I am not good at designing labels. Instead of finding the time to learn, I would rather use avery sheets and make simple labels with the family crest and type of wine and date.

I"ve expedited cleaning the inside of bottles by using a "Cordless Drill" and a bottle brush. The plastic handle is removed from the brush with the help of a hammer. Attach the brush and away you go.

Hope this helps some!

If a bottle has a deposit that proves hard to remove, it gets chunked. I simply just do not have the time to mess with moldy deposits or stubborn label glue.

Regarding labels, I have simplified making them now. I design them using my inkjet on plain paper. Then I take them to the local print shop like "Kinkos" where they have the Laser printers and sheets of "label" paper. The Laser printing does not bleed when wet. A full sheet costs 96 cents and it a saver on my ink as well. George has this type of paper available as well. Good stuff!

Joe,

That is such a good idea!!!!! I have always had that annoying white border around all my labels and that would make them go away! Brilliant!
smiley32.gif

Thank you!

I like simple labels, but I still do not like to use all my ink at home, and I know it's gotta be cheaper to let someone else copy them.

I've started to make different size labels (to use up a lot of old label paper) but this seems to be pretty good. I can never get it right anyway with those avery lables. It really bothers me that I have those white edges.

Me too. I have resolved to very simple labels with mostly just my family crest, then I write on them with a fine tip Sharpie.

My penmanship looks alot like a pharmacy prescription. I think that my calling was to be a Doctor....of what I don't really know. I'll stick to the keyboard.
smiley36.gif

Hehe, that reminds me of my 4th grade teacher. She said to me "Martina, you're handwriting is terrible." And I told her that I wanted to be a doctor and they all have terrible handwriting anyway.

She didn't make me redo my handwriting assignment that day. Alright!
smiley15.gif

I hardly said a word between the ages of 1 and 17. Since then I have seldom stopped talking.

I really like simple wine labels, though. Just tell me what it is.Edited by: Country Wine

Awwww, thanks guys!

It was very easy actually. If you have a good (simple) graphic program that can do some effects like lighting, you can make spectacular results.

Glenvall, it must be the cat, huh?
smiley2.gif

Oh, no real label for christmas.... I had a happy-holiday one, but due to lack of time, I didn't give much booze away for christmas this year.
smiley11.gif
smiley19.gif

Latest posts

Back