Made my day!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahRides

Reaction score
I just found out today that my LHBS sells Chillean Grapes!! When I asked a few months ago, they said probably not. I'm excited now I get to try out my crusher and press this spring........I'm going to try the malbec. :)

Do you grow your grapes winemaker? Order from vineyards around you? Looking to find some real grapes this fall and was looking for some leads!

Sarah, if your looking for another possible wine to make from Chilean grapes go with a Carmenere.

I was actually thinking about it Wade! I really wanted to do a Malbec this season, and I decided since it's my first time with grapes, I would just stick with one batch. But I will probably try the Carmenere next year, I was also thinking about the Cab Franc. I'm sure I'll be trying a few more different kinds this fall as well.

100lbs will usually make ~ 6 gallons after pressing with enough left over to top off a carboy down the road. It will all depend on the varietal and storage conditions that the grapes are held in until you get them as well.

Do you grow your grapes winemaker? Order from vineyards around you? Looking to find some real grapes this fall and was looking for some leads!

I don't grow my grapes yet. Currently i go down to St. Francios Vineyard for my grapes.

I would suggest calling the local vineyards around your area - they can tell you what they will sell to home winemakers..

I don't grow my grapes yet. Currently i go down to St. Francios Vineyard for my grapes.

I would suggest calling the local vineyards around your area - they can tell you what they will sell to home winemakers..

When you are ready to plant, talk to Ed, thats where I got my plants from:b

Back