M&M Wine Grape Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wine-O

Winemaker
Reaction score
I just entered some wines in this competition. This is a first time for me with this one, anyone else joining me?!?!
I am entering my new Toasted Caramel Port I just bottled, I know it's young but it doesn't matter with this one! Love to see what they think of this wine. Anyone had the pleasure tasting this one? I love it, mmmm.

Toasted caramel port??? That sounds amazing! Is the recipe available anywhere?

It's a limited release kit from RJ Spagnols. Don't know if there are any left, but several of the site's sponsors had them.

I am sure the competition is great but at $23 per entry plus shipping to get it there I think I will save my money to buy the port kit and drink it all myself and not share with the judges! :)

No medals for my Toasted Caramel Port, those judges have no taste!
I got 2 bronze medals for my 2011 Petit Verdot and 2011 Cranberry Malbec and 2 silver medals for my 2011 Cranapple Chardonnay and my 2010 Cabernet Suavignon.

Congrats!
I didn't know about the competition, I am not even close to being able to submit anything, but.... I purchase a lot from M&M, it would have been fun to see.
I'm glad to see that the M&M folks (juicegrape.com) took it over, they are really good people, very helpful, and their prices are real good.

http://www.juicegrape.com/news/releases/21st_Annual_Wine_Classic

21st Annual Wine Classic

(Hartford, CT) M&M Wine Grape Company, LLC announced today that its annual wine making competition, the Amateur Wine Classic will be held on August 23rd, 2014. This competition, formerly known as the Amenti del Vino wine competition, is an American Wine Society affiliated competition. The competition format judges kit wines separately from those made from fresh grapes, fresh juice, or frozen products.

In years past, the competition has drawn wines from across the US and Canada. Competition is strong, which is what makes the M&M Wine Grape Company Amateur Wine Classic a favorite for testing your wine making prowess.

To learn more details about this annual competition, please visit the official M&M Wine Grape Company Amateur Wine Classic Competition info page.

For those who are intrested

Got an email from M&M today. Looks like you can get 10% off the entry fee if you pay on line.

Still wondering if anyone can provide insight into the feedback they give with the scores.

i am passing, 5 contests was enough for me for 2014, unless something really jumps out at me.

Latest posts

Back