WineXpert Luna Rosa?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAG

Reaction score
Anybody make this kit? I'm getting hooked on higher end kits with skins included. I understand this kit does not have skins , and is about 12-16 liters? Is it worth a try, or stay with Winery Series kits?

WAG, I have never tried the WE Luna Rosa but I have heard a lot of good things about it. It is a 15 liter kit. All that said, I find it hard to recommend it over RJS Winery Series products, which are about $20 more and contain 18 liters of juice and grape skins.

I,ve done it twice and LOVE it. It is 16 litres and I only pay $99 for it. I've got one aging in a carboy that I started JUNE 26 2011, I think its ready to bottle soon!

Digger

I've done this kit and the winery series super Tuscan. While this one is good.....the super Tuscany is significantly better in my opinion. Especially for only $20ish more.

I was about to post on the Super Tuscan but see I've been beaten to it. I'll just second then, the posting above. The Luna Rosa is probably a very good kit, but few can compare with RJS Super Tuscan. You'll forget about the 75 cent per bottle difference the first time you taste it.

Tony P.

I have the luna rossa at 14 months old. It is a very good for a 15L, non-skin kit and is a favorite. I can't comment on the RJS Super Tuscan, as I have it aging and can't compare the two. I will say however, at right around $100, the luna rossa is very good, and I expect drinks well sooner than the RJS Super Tuscan. My plan, assuming the Super Tuscan is as good as everyone says, is to make the luna rossa occasionally as an everyday, earlier drinker and make the STat longer intervals, to age longer and have as a better occasion wine.

Also, I like to put the luna rossa in 1.5L bottles to use for family dinners (there are 15 of us every other Sunday) and for parties - not something I typically do with the higher end kits.

I was about to post on the Super Tuscan but see I've been beaten to it. I'll just second then, the posting above. The Luna Rosa is probably a very good kit, but few can compare with RJS Super Tuscan. You'll forget about the 75 cent per bottle difference the first time you taste it.

Tony P.

Tony, I agree that the price difference shouldn't be an issue when considering the quality of the ST. But for me, staggering the luna rossa gives me a less expensive kit and an earlier drinker to keep on hand that people really do enjoy. Works out very well.

Tony, I agree that the price difference shouldn't be an issue when considering the quality of the ST. But for me, staggering the luna rossa gives me a less expensive kit and an earlier drinker to keep on hand that people really do enjoy. Works out very well.

Great point. There's a lot to said for drinking a bottle of wine instead of watching it age.

Tony P.

I'm not too worried about price difference. I'm mostly interested in a good wine. If the Luna Rosa is close to as good as the Super Tuscan, then I too will probably stagger it in with the others, just because it can be drunk sooner.

Latest posts

Back