Looking for grapes near Chicago

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PumpkinDad

Hobbyist Wine Maker
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've made a few kits in the past and I'd like to try my hand at making wine from grapes this year. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good source of grapes (preferably pinot noir) within driving distance of Chicago? I'd be looking for enough to make 20 gallons or so.

Thanks!
PD

Check in with @Vacuumpumpman . Pretty sure he has a large group that goes in for juice buckets, if that works for you.

You could call Brehm Vineyards, one of the cold storage warehouses that they keep their frozen must in is located in Chicago. You can make wine from frozen grape must year round. I'm jealous!!!

I'm actually looking for the full vineyard experience, but Brehm vineyards is a great option. And I bought one of those vacuum pumps and it still works great two years later. Awesome investment!

I'm actually looking for the full vineyard experience, but Brehm vineyards is a great option. And I bought one of those vacuum pumps and it still works great two years later. Awesome investment!

We have a couple people in our club that we actually go to their vineyard and actually U pick your own grapes in the fall.

Hey Steve,

Your ears must have been ringing. I love the wine pump, I don't know how I lived without it.

Would you happen to know what kind of grapes are typically available? I'd potentially be interested in joining you if there's an open spot.

PD

Hey Steve,

Your ears must have been ringing. I love the wine pump, I don't know how I lived without it.

Would you happen to know what kind of grapes are typically available? I'd potentially be interested in joining you if there's an open spot.

PD

Best to PM me with your phone # and a good time to call -
I will call you and give you several different options that are available

Steve,

I purchased a vacuum pump from you back in the winter and we spoke for some time on the phone - Would love to hear more about anyone's plans to go pick from local vineyards, etc.

-Zach

Latest posts

Back