Looking for a shop near Chardon,Ohio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chardon-man

Junior
Reaction score
I'm new and drove out to Akron to buy my starter kit which was a great shop The Grape and Granary but i need something closer . Any suggestions guys?

Thanks

Mail order from George. I know it's not physically close but it's just an e-mail away. I'm 250 miles from Dallas and I get things overnight. Just my 2cents.
Ray

Shipping has been very reasonable on thethings I have gotten from George.. And the support this forum can provide is worth it!! The no tax thing is good too... On larger orders helps defrey the shipping cost..

I would say order from George at finevinewines also. He is the best I have found. Between George and all theexperiencedpeople on this forum you will not need to go anywhere else, in my opinion. Oh, and welcome.
Cyndy

I agree mail order from George. We have a HBS about an hour from us and I still get most of my supplies from FVWs. Believe it or not between the discount, buying on sale, and no taxes (G) I often pay less then what I would pay at the place closer to us. And its delivered to my door.

I also advocate buying from George but will say it is important to have a local shop to have to pick up those last minute or forgotten items. Plus there is absolutely nothing wrong with supporting your local brew shop if you have one in your town. Remember to that George himself is a local shop for his area. Money spent at you LHBS is money kept in your community.In reality you aren't going to find prices overall better than from George. Also FVW specializes in winemaking as opposed to beer making with wine as a side subject.
Now on that point, I looked up where you lived and then did a quick search for Ohio brew shops and you are actually blessed. It appears you live in the Cleveland area. I see at least 3 shops in the Cleveland area. They are probably beer supply shops but most all of them carry at least the basics for wine making.

Back