Cellar Craft Look what FedEx dropped today!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wo0t!

Got my Cellar Craft Limited Release MARSANNE-VIOGNIER-ROUSSANNE today! I knew I had to have this guy right off the bat after having a bottle of this French White Rhone wine on our road trip last Summer in Washington state. 2 Parts juice from Washington state, 1 part juice from California.

Holy cow, 18 Liters in the box means there is almost no room for anything else! Over 12% more juice right off the bat. Should have to add only 1G water to this guy and that is it. No oak!This guy stands on his own with out any prop up with wood. The fruit, the whole fruit and nothing else so help me Bacchus...........
smiley4.gif

Can't wait to pitch the yeast on this guy, if you didn't order one, you snooze, you lose. George has no extra's, all gone.This will be special for sure!

20110323_205500_DSC02915.jpg

20110323_205515_DSC02916.jpg

Nope, its normally fermented in stainless steel. No wood whatsoevaaa.....

I will have to snag another CC Showcase kit while they are on sale this month to assist with beak in. My first barrel is hitting the sweet spot where you can leave it in for 6mo at least.

I may run my La Bodega through the new one!
smiley20.gif
Lotso Oak!

I made 3 this Winter because I was starting to run low on the Chardonnay and PG, the Riesling was for my Daughter who loves that varietal and most will go to her. This one was to good to pass up since it was a LR and I had tasted it this Summer up in WA state. I wish I had a stainless steel fermentation tank for this one! I may not start him till this Summer as I have a new barrel and I need to get a few more reds lined up to go in at first.
smiley20.gif

Definitely liking the Whites a bit more these days....

I have a batch from the first offering (though it was only 16L then). Mine is still aging but so far it shows to be a very nice wine. Yours should be even better.

Hey Mike,
Are you going to start your new barrel fermenting 2 or 3 whites in it? I haven't done it myself, but I read somewhere that doing so in a new barrel, then using it only for red wine aging adds some good character to the barrel. I might try this on my new barrel.

I should have gotten it earlier and run my CC Showcase YV Chardonnay through it but didn't order it in time so no white.

Did you pick up a vadai?

I pitched the yeast on this one sunday 3/27/11....no change in SG yesterday, but some of those bubbles rising to the top, and a slight cap forming......mixed it all up and we will see.......today should see more beastie yeasties working out. never have drank anything like this before, so wanted to give it a try....never had many french wines or styles before...so glad to hear it may be a good wine.....

by the way....does that packing foam stuff drive you crazy and stick to everything....thanks george....i think you have an evil laugh when packing those boxes.....lol

Yep sure does, perhaps even worse in a dry climate like NM. Have pulled off small pieces and released them from 6-8" away and watched them sucked right back to the box......
smiley7.gif

And this should make a GREAT wine!
smiley20.gif

ibglowin said:
I should have gotten it earlier and run my CC Showcase YV Chardonnay through it but didn't order it in time so no white.

Did you pick up a vadai?

Getting ready to.

Ah! You mean the free popcorn George throws in free with every purchase.

drgags said:
by the way....does that packing foam stuff drive you crazy and stick to everything....thanks george....i think you have an evil laugh when packing those boxes.....lol

Something you can do to reduce the static electricity of that foam is to get a spray bottle of water and hit the foam with a light spray. That will dissapate the charge and the foam will fall off easily. You can then just sweep it up with a broom. Anyway, that is what works for me.

Rocky said:
Something you can do to reduce the static electricity of that foam is to get a spray bottle of water and hit the foam with a light spray. That will dissapate the charge and the foam will fall off easily. You can then just sweep it up with a broom. Anyway, that is what works for me.

That's a sweet tip, Rocky. I'll try it!

I've been watching to see if George would pick up some extras of this kit after Mikes raving review and sure enough they showed up in his catalog. Picked one up today. Thanks for the tip on this one, Mike.

That is great news! I have yet to start mine since I got the second vadai I have been making reds to line up to keep the barrels full. This Summer for sure!

Latest posts

Back