What Will You be Drinking This Thanksgiving?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plumcot (semi-sweet white made from fresh fruit) and a Malbec I made from fresh juice. Everything else needs to age quietly for a while before I introduce it to anyone else.
smiley2.gif

xanxer82 said:
Is the pom/Blue a kit?

Take a sip of the CRP for me. :)

The Pom/Blueberry is Old Orchard Blueberry& Pomegranate frozen juice concentrate from the supermarket. I posted my recipe in the Recipes section of the forum... http://forum.finevinewines.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6604 The recipe is for 1 gallon but I made a 3 gallon batch on same recipe with 3x everything (Except yeast)

I'm a newbie too. Lot's of store bought.

Sea Smoke Ten Pinot Noir, Emeritus William Wesley Pinot Noir, Conundrum, Hendry Bin 28 Zin.

And anything the guests bring!

mine will be All Juice Barolo 18 months old, Yakima Pinot Gris, 11 months old, for the wife, and Lodi Ranch Cab, 10 months old, for anyone who wants it.

I will probably be drinking a nice glass of water for Thanksgiving Dinner this year. We are going to my moms again and she doesn'tthink highly of wine or any alcohol for that matter. Now after we get home, well that's another matter.........................

appleman said:
I will probably be drinking a nice glass of water for Thanksgiving Dinner this year. We are going to my moms again and she doesn'tthink highly of wine or any alcohol for that matter. Now after we get home, well that's another matter.........................

That is why the meal is being held at my house
smiley4.gif
!
VC

vcasey said:
appleman said:

smiley4.gif
!
VC

Being almost 80, she doesn't come here often because she doesn't like the stairs (although she crawls up her own to the attic or into the basement on her knees).
smiley5.gif
Now if she was like Barney and his wife, it wouldn't be a problem at all since they get around like they were much younger!
smiley4.gif

appleman said:
vcasey said:
appleman said:
I will probably be drinking a nice glass of water for Thanksgiving Dinner this year. We are going to my moms again and she doesn't think highly of wine or any alcohol for that matter. Now after we get home, well that's another matter.........................
smiley4.gif
!VC

Being almost 80, she doesn't come here often because she doesn't like the stairs (although she crawls up her own to the attic or into the basement on her knees).
smiley5.gif
Now if she was like Barney and his wife, it wouldn't be a problem at all since they get around like they were much younger!
smiley4.gif
I have been known to crawl upstairs on my hands and knees when I was much younger and imbibed too much! We will be sampling the Amarone and the chokecherry!

Don't laugh appleman but my pop called to ask if he could bring guests with him. Since its my uncle & aunt that if haven't seen in forever I happily agreed. I don't even think they have ever seen my boys. Now I just need to hope they no longer give lectures about the evils of alcohol (and no I am not kidding) and my pop comes clean that we keep him supplied. I think I may be pulling out the Irish Whiskey, in fact I'll pick up another bottle tomorrow!
VC

Looking forward to popping the cork on a cranberry wine that I made last year after Thanksgiving. We have been tasting it along the year, and its been quite nice. It will be the dinner wine since I have to work the Holiday. Looking forward to sharing it with the missus............

Well, we ended up serving 2 whites (mostly pre meal wines) A '06 Handley Ponot Gris (excellent), an '07 Yalumba Viognier (not so great) and then 2 excellent reds with the meal, an '04 Chateau de la Gardine (Chateauneuf du Pape) (excellent) as well as an '06 Foppiano (Russian River Valley) Pinot Noir (excellent)

I think the Pinot Noir was my favorite but they all seemed to be well received.
smiley32.gif

peach wine ( our first ever), it was awesome, thanks to those here who gave me pointers..i took your thoughts and did a twist...i may have to call it peach lightning

our zin, sangio and barbera, along w frontenac gris and signature blend and a bit of limoncello

i think i can say something that only the people here will really grasp, because it is a bond we share.....when people come over and see wine that is *not* from a commercial source, they sense something not so much before they taste it, but ****after****.... they feel an earthy-ness...a down home-ness maybe even a *safe-ness*...not sure i can even attribute one or a few words to what i am trying share...but if you have seen it yourself you know what i am saying.

Iknow what you are saying, Al. I have had people tell me that they don't care much for wine, but after tasting some home made wine they come back for more and remark how good it is!

Latest posts

Back