WineXpert Local wine shop

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you add the K-meta after your wine clears, and you bulk age for three months and then want to bottle, should you add more K-meta prior to bottling? Or should it be okay if its only three months? Also, if you plan on bulk aging, should you filter into a clean carboy to bulk age, or should you just rack it to the carboy and filter before bottling? Edited by: myway22

I prefer to filter into clean carboy if you have one, this way if you want to bulk longer you dont have to rack off sediment again. As far as adding more k-meta after 3 months you can as it will probably still be less than a commercial wine but probably not needed. A free SO2 test kit will determine if more is needed and is cheap and easy and will give you pce. of mind.

OK, so if I want to bulk, filter before I let it age, or filter after it bulk ages when I bottle?

If you have added the fining agent it really doesnt matter but I like to filter then bulk age as the carbpy will stay nice and clean this way. If letting it clear without a fining agent, I would filter it much later.

Thanks wade. Don't filter twice though, right?
smiley5.gif

I would not unless you develop some sort of problem that might benefit from it like wine flowers but we wont go there.

Latest posts

Back