Other Limited edition kits in general

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between birthday coupons, coupons for buying last years limited editions and really good sales, I couldn't stop myself. Oh well, at least I know I won't run out of wine anytime soon.

By the way, my queue looks like a bunch of boxes clogging up the closet. I really need to speed up my production.

What you do have,Tony, is Rubio, a nice wine selection and more than one Vadai.
I just pulled the trigger on the Oregon Pinot Noir further feeding my addiction.:slp

What you do have,Tony, is Rubio, a nice wine selection and more than one Vadai.
I just pulled the trigger on the Oregon Pinot Noir further feeding my addiction.:slp

I have about 300 bottles laying down ranging in age from bottled last month to bottled last November.
In Vidal barrels
CC LR Sangiovese/Cabernt
Rojo Intensio MMMeg
Aging in carboy:
Amarone, MMM
WE Eclipse Cabernet Sauv.
Valpolicella Ripassa, RJS Cru Select
Super Tuscan RJS Winery
Montepulciano WE Int.
Clearing
Nebbiolo WE LE
Shiraz CC Showcase
Primary / Secondary
NOTHING!

I need to get something to start up ASAP.

Some folks (the Florida outfit) charge your cc when you pre-order not when they ship it several months later.

I think prepaying is a great way to do business. It is a done deal and I do not have to play phone tag like I did once before. I ordered a kit from a merchant, no prepayment. My cc expired and he failed to notify me on time. I never got the kit because he said he was not able to contact me but I never got an email or phone call from them. Another time I had to play phone tag for almost a week. To each their own I guess.

Richard

I'd rather keep my money till the product is shipped. We have a mutual trust between the vendor and customer. Much classier way to do business.

Also, if my cc expired, I believe it's my responsibility to notify the vendor, not the other way around. Like you said, to each his own.

Last edited:
I'd rather keep my money till the product is shipped. We have a mutual trust between the vendor and customer. Much classier way to do business.

Also, if my cc expired, I believe it's my responsibility to notify the vendor, not the other way around. Like you said, to each his own.

In a perfect world that would be nice where a consumer notifies the seller of an expired card. However, that is just not reality. I would much rather pay later but I like the low price and if prepaying locks in that low price, then so be it. If you can get it for the same price and pay upon delivery, then great. I ordered a few kits, paid and now I can move on to other things. Time is money. :mny

Has anyone heard anything about their RJS March releases? I think they were Petit Verdot and Nero d'Avola.

Has anyone heard anything about their RJS March releases? I think they were Petit Verdot and Nero d'Avola.

Someone had posted that they were rumored to be arriving at FVW last week. Subsequently, I read there were production/shipping delays. I'm waiting on a Monastrell-Petit Verdot.

How many if you find the limited edition kits (from any or all of the major companies) to be a worthy investment? I generally buy only high end kits such as RjS EP, WE eclipse, cc showcase. But was thinking of splurging on a few limited editions this year. Any comments?
I've made some WE LE's for a number of years. Recently, I have been disappointed, and won't be making them anymore.

I've made some WE LE's for a number of years. Recently, I have been disappointed, and won't be making them anymore.

Well the RJS RQ's have been frikken AWESOME and I always wish I made more. This year I ordered four RJS kits. Two of the Shiraz Viognier, the Nero dAvola and the Petit Verdot.

Well the RJS RQ's have been frikken AWESOME and I always wish I made more. This year I ordered four RJS kits. Two of the Shiraz Viognier, the Nero dAvola and the Petit Verdot.
I'm thinking about switching. I'm kind of cheap, and I like that my retailer has a loyalty program that pays in free kits. If I only buy RJS specials, that wouldn't work (different retailer), so I'd have to consider a full on change. I like quite a few WE products.

I just got an email from FVW that the March RJS RQ kits are shipping.

I'm thinking about switching. I'm kind of cheap, and I like that my retailer has a loyalty program that pays in free kits. If I only buy RJS specials, that wouldn't work (different retailer), so I'd have to consider a full on change. I like quite a few WE products.

I have made nothing but Winexpert since I started making wine a few years ago and have never been disappointed...neither has anyone I've ever given bottles too...

My neighbors do nothing but u-vin WineKitz...we've traded bottles and I have been disappointed in some of theirs...mostly the bigger reds that they've done...

I'm definitely not a connoisseur but coming from a Scotch drinking background (25 years + of exploring that fine dram)...I do consider myself to have some taste...it would take a lot for me to go away from Winexpert...just saying...

Oh and speaking of loyalty programs...my local does as well...my free kit is being picked up this weekend...yeah!!!

Last edited:
I made 1 RQ last year it was the Pinot Gris - turned out great. This year I went a little crazy - order the 2 white LE and LE Cab Merlot and RQ Nero and Petit Verdot. Hoping they turn out well - so far the Nero is in the carboy and the Petit Verdot is bubbling 3 days in the primary.

Back