LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the update. I wish you the very best, and I reiterate that you're an inspiration to us all.
smiley4.gif

Thanx for all the inspiration and wishes - now we all hope that we can be inspiration and best wishes for you. Our prayers are with you and we ask for the Lord's healing hand on you. Thanx again for being you and you are not alone in this................................
rrawhide

NW,
I will be thinking of you in the coming days. The internet brings us close but not close enough. I wish we all could come and cheer you up or look after your flowers, or cook some meals for you. I hope that the Drs are able to keep you feeling well and strong during your treatment. There are so many miracles of medicine today and you have the attitude and the will and that is a winning combination. We will be looking in on you.

Ramona

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and well wishes.

I am reading about the drugs they are going to give me and wondering if the cure is worth it....lots of side effects....But the last drugs had equally scary side effects mentioned and I got through it just fine....Yes, there were bad days....

Maybe just reading too much.

I can do this....with all your help.

Thanks for being here...
smiley4.gif

NW,

As you’ve probably already figured out, we’re all pulling for you. You are indeed an inspiration to us all. I will keep you in my prayers.

NW, you have a wonderful outlook on life. And cancer research has gone miles and miles ahead from say 10 years ago. So, you take care, fight the fight, and you have TONS of support here, my friend.

One of the first of many inconveniences to come popped up the other day....It was sunny and I wanted to get some stuff done outside...while I still feel like it.

So...I get a call for the surgery department at the hospital...they couldn't schedule my surgery till a doctor gave me a physical within the last 30 days...I told her I had had a CT Scan, PET/CT Scan...had 9 blood tests done and had just spoke to my Oncologist...all that....but someone had to listen to my heart and lungs....Usually the Oncologist does that, but we had a lengthly conversation and he forgot [?] So...I had to clean up and make a 100 mile round trip to have a guy listen to my heart and lungs...which took him about 2 minutes....
smiley7.gif

I wasn't still P.O'd by the time I got there....guess that is why we are called patients....you must be patient and follow their rules. So, I go in for surgery Monday at 7AM and my first treatment Tuesday at 8AM...then the misery begins.

I have gotten the house fairly clean, gone through the gardens pretty well...packed up all the extra tomato and pepper plants and drove over to see a friend who can use them.....so the greenhouse is empty.

I have been reading about the drugs I will be getting and all of them say NO ALCOHOL...I didn't drink the last time for the 6 months of treatment...Jim didn't much either....seems we had about 8 emergency trips to Emergency Rooms for one reason or another and he said he won't drink either....He is my designated driver....Friends and Neighbors have offered to do some of the driving, but Jim says NO...he's in this with me....I am so blessed.

So, on the plus side....Our wines will age....We have a couple more batches to bottle and I will probably mix some up through out the summer....Last time I picked lots of fruit and processed it...Hope I feel that good this time.

Thanks you all for your prayers, strength and support...

Life goes on and remains good!!!!

Edited by: Northern Winos

Lorraine I would like to wish you the best of luck in your ordeals with the hospital, doctors, trips and treatments. It is sure to be a trying time, but if anyone was ever up to the task, I'm sure it is you. You have all the well wishes of everyone here I am sure and are indeed blessed to have such a great partner as Jim. I know you are going to be in for a miserable time for a while and I hope it passes quickly for you. We all want you back here to share the joy of the world and it's bounty with us. God Bless and a speedy recovery.

Richard the appleman( turned grapeman).

NW, I know how those Drs are...they have to cover their butts. I hope they get everything done that they need to so you won't be inconvienced.

I'll probably be joining you in the no alcohol now. Besides my gallbladder which isn't bothering me right now. I found out this week that I'm pre-diabetic so I'm taking Metformin and it says no alcohol. I'll see how I do with that. My Grandfather was an insulin diabetic and my Dad is also diabetic too so I guess it is in my genes. I'm really going to try to watch the diet and try to exercise but this is all new to me. I just know I don't want to be like my Dad.

Let us know how you are on Monday.

Ramona

NW, As a relatively new member here, it is easy to see you have many friends on this forum.
I would like to join them in offering my support, and wishing you a speedy recovery.
Keep your wonderful positive attitude, and you will beat this!

Thanks everyone...Your well wishes and prayers are doing a world of good.

CLOUDS WITH SILVER LININGS.....

Yesterday had a cloud over my head....
Went into out patient surgery to have the IV Port placed...had this done before and it was a pretty routine procedure. Was suppose to take 30 minutes of sedation ...... I woke up over an hour later expecting to have a bump by my right collar bone....only a band aid...felt my left side...another band aid...I asked the nurse..."where's my Port?"...she said he tried both sides and couldn't get the wire to go through to my heart....Had Xrays to make sure no damage was done...Had ultra sound looking for clots...Nothing.....The Oncology Clinic called while I was still pretty dopey and said I still was to come in today...that I would still do Chemo, through a vein in my arm and would take tablets instead of the 48 hour pump [Ball & Chain fanny pack]

THE SILVER LINING....

So I go back to the city today for my treatments...Kind of bummed as it would have been my dad's 94th birthday....I LOVE YOU , DADDY!!![BLUE EYES]....
blueWinCE.jpg
...Got the usual 'foreplay'......list of drugs...procedures explained...get the traditional IV solution to rehydrate me...then comes the good stuff...A bag of Steroids and Cortisone...[makes the other drugs work easier on the system]...then the highly potent stuff that attacks the blood cells and does it's thing starving the fast growing greedy tumors.....Could feel that working it's way through the body...Then the other dope that attacks fast growing tissue itself...That one sent me reeling for a couple minutes....But it all passed....

Then came the good news....
Instead of taking home a pump and dragging it around for 48 hours and doing a round trip of 100 miles back to have it removed at the clinic....I got a Rx of some Chemo pills to take instead for 14 days...Same drugs...new and improved procedure. Plus...now my treatments are every 3 weeks instead of 2...stronger does of the IV drugs, longer home treatment...less trips to the clinic. Plus I won't get all the problems that came with the IV Port...Like clots, blood thinners, 2 extra 100 mile trips a week to get blood work done...So...Like this new routine. More expensive....but only the Insurance Company will be taking it in the shorts....I'm good premium wise for $5million worth of treatment...so that should last a few years....I hope.

So...I am higher tan a kite on my 'roids'...will take more Steroids/Cortisone orally for the next 3 days as well as 3 other Rx's...So I will be a good girl and take my meds.

The nurses said that each treatment will be harder as I will get weaker as the drugs kill off the bad tissue and affect the blood counts...So...this is as good as I am going to be feeling...

We came home and planted some late sweetcorn and some gourmet fall baby potatoes....Picked some flowers....LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Moral of this long sad story....Be healthy, get checkups and have health insurance.
Thanks for listening.

I haven't been on the forum for a couple of weeks. Been busy cutting wood for next winter. I almost wish I hadn't logged on now as I read these posts. I am devastated to hear of your health issues. What a brave person you are. I will be praying for your quick recovery. Keep the faith!

Good luck NW our prayers are with you..... What a great out look you have.
We could all learn alot from that.

Thanks again everyone....
Yesterday wasn't a particularly good day, had all the symptoms come on at once...just drug reactions...Today am almost 100%....Did my usual chores, but did have a short rest.

So...things are looking better already.

Know all the prayers and kind thoughts help....THANK YOU!!!

NW, glad you feel good today. Take it one day at a time. Bunches of prayers for you!!!!
smiley2.gif

NW,
Haven't been on this thread for a while so didn't know you were having difficulty. You will keep positive I am sure and that doeshelp as so many know. Our thought and prayers are with you.

BTW I look forward to your posts aboutspring next year. Enjoyed your photos and comments.

Hey be careful with them "roids" theymight think you are a baseball player
smiley36.gif

Thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep the great attitude.

Scott

Latest posts

Back