lent begins wednesday!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just 17 more days to go!

We have gone without that which we love for...

29 days or
696 hours or
41,760 minutes or
2,505,600 seconds

Do you see that light up there??? It is the light at the end of the tunnel that is fast approaching!

just 17 more days to go!

We have gone without that which we love for...

29 days or
696 hours or
41,760 minutes or
2,505,600 seconds

Do you see that light up there??? It is the light at the end of the tunnel that is fast approaching!

I'm starting to twitch over here! :)

12 days!!! :db

I topped up one of my barrels with a bottle of commercial wine yesterday. That was the first time I've ever opened wine, topped up the barrel, then put the remainder into a 375ml bottle and put it away.

Boatboy,

You are truly "Master of your own domain". I went through much the same thing when I filtered some of my brother's wine.... LOL

Yesterday, I got together with my two brothers. Turns out that my older brother did not make it. He had a big dinner party to go to and was asked to bring the wine.

Me and my younger brother are still at it.

Although this has proved rather easy, I have to say that I AM looking forward to that first delicious glass. I have special 1995 Cuviason merlot that has been aging in my cellar.

I'll probably not open anything special, as we'll be doing the "bounce around from house to house" on Easter. But if I've racked the wine out of the barrel before next Saturday night (and I probably will), that remaining 375ml is toast at midnight!

Boatboy,

Bad news: Your post on 4/7 was incorrect, we had 13 days to go.

Good news: There are currently only 11 days left!!!!

Almost into the single digits!

A stranger walks into the pub in a small town in Ireland, and orders 3 Guinesses. The bartender looks at him quizzically, but serves him 3 pints. After he drank all three, he quietly departed.

The next night, and all the nights following, he comes in and does the same thing. After a week, the barkeep asks, "Friend, you been in here a week in a row. Where ya from, and can I ask why ye order three pints at a time?"

"Oh" the stranger replies. "I am new to this town, just moved here from Donegal. My name is Declan. As for the pints, I have two brothers. One is off to Australia, the other moved to Canada. We swore a solemn vow ere they left that, as long as we lived, whenever we had a pint, we would have one for all three."

"Ahh, 'tis a lovely gesture. Very well."

The man kept this up for years, and became a fixture in the new town. Then, years later, he went into the bar, and held up two fingers. "Two pints tonight, Liam."

The bar fell silent as they watched the man sip his two stouts. Finally, one of the other townsfolk came over, holding his hat behind his back, and stammered, "Declan, I am awfully sorry for your loss. I hope he didn't suffer."

Declan looked around, confused, and saw the whole pub staring at him woefully. "What do you mean, Tom?"

"Well, you always have three pints, one for you, one for your brother in Australia, one for your brother in Canada. Tonight, you're only havin' two. I am sorry that one of your brothers has passed on."

"Oh," Declan said brightening. "Me brothers are fine, never been better! It's just that I've given up beer for Lent!"

My six year old tried to convince me last night that there were only 8 days left until Easter. I think I'll use his calendar. :)

Latest posts

Back