lack of carbonation

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randyp1

Junior
Reaction score
I recently made a nut brown ale from a Muntons extract kit. I put the wort with an OG of 1.050 into the primary. After 6 days of very active fermentation I racked to a secondary at SG 1.010. When all signs of fermentation stopped in about 9 days I primed the batch with a little over 3/4 cup corn sugar in the bottling bucket and bottled. Now after almost 4 weeks of conditioning time there is no carbonation at all. Is there any way to save this beer? Can I uncap each bottle and add a small amount of sugar to each one to see if that will jump start it or is all lost ? Beer tastes good just no carbonation ,no sediment in the bottom-no nothing.
smiley5.gif
I have made a number of beers in the past, including a nut brown, without any problems.

Thanks

Randy

You can try giving each bottle a gentleshake to agitate the yeast and make sure they are in a warm spot (70-75 degree) to help. I have had troubles with some beers also in the past with them taking a long time to build carbonation.... sometimes up to 6-8 weeks.

Back