Mosti Mondiale LaBodega Port

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent dissertation on "proof." I did not know the concept was unique to the US. Therefore, for the sake of David, let me clarify my last post:

190 proof Everclear is 95% abv. 80 proof brandy is 40% abv. High octane Everclear is available to consumers in Texas, but is not available in the state where I was raised --California and in a few other states. The neutral grain alcohol is also highly flammable. Edited by: dfwwino

Yup...here in <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">America</st1:place></st1:country-region> we drink 80 proof whiskey and refuse to use the Metric System!<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

masta said:
Yup...here in <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><ST1:COUNTRY-REGIoN w:st="on"><ST1:pLACE w:st="on">America</ST1:pLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGIoN> we drink 80 proof whiskey and refuse to use the Metric System!<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>

So those 750 ml bottles aren't really a metric measurement. If they were we would call them 75 cl bottles
smiley4.gif
smiley36.gif

Here in RI we would say "going to the packy to get me a fifth of Jack"
no proof...no ml....no liqueur store....no Daniels!
smiley36.gif

I started with roughly 16.25% alc and 12 L. I added 750ml of 40% alcohol. I thought it said proof because that's what I'm used to seeing but brandy is marked with % instead. After reading all the posts I'm more confused than I was.
smiley5.gif
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back